15

"Aww." I hear Riggs behind us say. I turn around and he's smiling at us.

Avery comes out the office.
"Anyway, sorry for getting in the way of your romance, but.. We should get your stuff." Riggs says and I roll my eyes.

"Romance?" Avery asks, not understanding what's going on.
"Grayson'll tell you!" I shout running off and grabbing Riggs.

I hate awkward situations.

Riggs takes me to the house and Trish is in the kitchen.
"Oh, Lexie!" She says running to me and hugging me.
"Hey." I say.
"Riggs told me you were with him. Why the hell would you run away to Mexico?!" She half shouts.

"Riggs didn't tell you why?" I ask looking up at him.
"Uh, no, I didn't." He says scratching the back of his neck.

"Well, oh tell her and I'll pack... again." I run upstairs.
"Pack again? What?" I hear Trish ask Riggs.

I change clothes first, so I change into this:

I manage to hold all my stuff and I go down the stairs

I manage to hold all my stuff and I go down the stairs. Riggs is looking down and he looks guilty.

"So, I've got everything but-"
"Look, Lexie..." Trish begins. I look at her confused.
"What's going on?"
"Lexie, you can't live with Riggs." She says sadly.

I drop my bag and I walk back upstairs.

I go in my room and I sit on my bed.

Soon someone knocks on my door and I get a little angry.
"Come in if your names not Riggs or Trish." I say loud enough for the person to hear.

They open the door and I see Riggs.
"I said-"
"I'm not in, am I?" He says smiling. I look at his feet and they're just outside the door.
"Smartass." I say.

"Can I come in?" He asks leaning on the door frame. I ignore him and he comes in anyway. He takes a seat next to me and puts his arm around me.

"I'm sorry."
"I don't care." I coldly say. "It's not fair. Nothing's fair anymore." I put my head in my hands and tears come down my cheeks so I wipe them away.
"Hey... Lex, why did you wanna live with me so much?" He questions.

"Because... I've never really had a family. I don't fit in here. They're all a happy family and well... I've never had that. I'm used to me and my stepdad. And, well, it's only you in your trailer. So I thought I'd fit in more." I mumble.

"I'll always be here to talk."
"That's what everyone says." I chuckle, and he sighs again.
"You have to trust me now. I know nobody keeps their promises with you but I will." He said then pulling his hair back.

"I'm not staying here." I look at the floor and he looks down too. "I can't."
"Okay. I'll talk to Trish again." He gives in.
"Are you sure?" I ask.
"Yeah." He smiles at me and it's a friendly smile.

He goes back down the stairs and I see Roger in Rianna in her room. I stand up and I look in her room.
"Hey, how's that Robbie kid?" I ask her and she smiles slightly.

"Don't you start." Roger says turning to me. I raise my hands in surrender and I laugh.

I stand near the end of the stairs so I can just hear Trish and Riggs talking.

"She can't live with you, Riggs."
"Look, Trish, I don't understand-"
"We need to look at your addiction issues and I just don't think you're ready to look after her." She sighs.

"Yes, he is!" I say going into the room.
"Go back upstairs." Riggs says pulling his hair back.
"No. Okay, Trish, I understand what you're saying. And I'm so grateful that you let me into your home but I don't fit in here. Riggs has been through just as much as me and I just feel like... I don't even know anymore. I never have bad dreams at his place, and they terrify me. I'd just really like to live with him." I say hoping she'd say yeah.

She crosses her arms and looks at me and Riggs.
"Also, it's where I'm going to live, shouldn't I have a say in it?" I add.

She sighs.
"Fine. But, we're always here if you need us." I smile at her and I hug her.
"Thanks, Trish." Riggs says hugging her after me.

Apparently I have to stay at this house for a while so Riggs can sort everything out.