16

6 years later...

I stand there looking in the mirror, with Riggs, Roger and Trish behind me.

"Do you like this dress?" I ask them, turning around. They take a good look at it.

Trish looks at me with a smile

"You look beautiful." She comments. I look at Riggs and I feel that he doesn't like it.

"What about you?" I ask him. He crosses his arm and nods. "What's up with it?" I sigh, but I smile slightly.

"It's just... quite.. tight." He says looking at it more.
"I'll try another on." I roll my eyes and I choose another.

I walk out in this:

I instantly look at Riggs reaction

I instantly look at Riggs reaction. He just stands there and smiles. At least he likes this dress.

"What about this one?" I ask them.
"Gorgeous." Trish replies, smiling more.
"Riggs?" I say hopefully. He smiles and nods.

"Finally." I mumble, chuckling. Roger and Trish look at dresses while I'm still looking at myself in the mirror, worrying about the big day.

"You okay?" Riggs asks coming from behind me.
"Yeah, fine." I say putting on a smile. He knows me well enough to know that I'm lying.
"Tell me..."
"Just worrying, about the day." I sigh.

He smiles and looks down.
"What're you worrying about?"
"Him not turning up." I chuckle.
"Don't worry, if he doesn't turn up, I'll kill him." He laughs.
"Oh, not before I do." I laugh too.

He turns to walk away but I grab his arm.
"Riggs, can I ask you something?" I ask him. He turns around and nods. "Will you give me away?" I ask and his eyes slightly widen.

"Seriously?"
"Yeah, I mean.. you're the closest thing I have to a dad right now." He smiles and I hug him.
"Of course I will."

The special day...

I have my makeup done:

Obviously my dress:

My hair:

I see Riggs struggling with his bow tie

I see Riggs struggling with his bow tie. I laugh at him and he gets frustrated with it.
"Struggling there?" He laughs sarcastically. I go to help him.

"Not hard, is it?" I say smiling. I look down and I think about today.
"Don't worry, kid." He says putting his arm around me.

We go to the beach, because I refused to get married in a church.

I asked to put a red carpet on the sand, just so it is easier to walk. And so I didn't get sand in my shoes because that shit is uncomfortable.

I see Grayson at the other end of the red carpet and he looks at me. He smiles which makes me smile.

I link arms with Riggs and we walk down the carpet.
"Imma trip over your dress..." Riggs whispers.
"Don't you dare." I whisper back trying not to laugh.

We get to Grayson and he holds my hand. Riggs smiles at me and walks away.

We say all we need to say and it's time for the kiss. Grayson holds my waist and I look at Riggs. He looks away and laughs, making me laugh too.

After the wedding, I go to Lauren.

Yeah, we made up. She said sorry and I forgave her. She's my bridesmaid.

"I can't believe you got married, though." She says laughing.
"Neither can I." I laugh.

We get to the speeches and Riggs stands up.
"Riggs, are you serious?" I smile, he laughs and talks.

"Lexie's was a stubborn 14 year old when I met her. Also a trouble maker. I've saw Lexie turn into a beautiful lady. And I couldn't be prouder of her." He smiles down at me and I look down because if I don't then I'll cry.

I stand up too, and everyone looks at me confused.
"And thank you to Riggs, because he kept me safe, when I was in my darkest time. And I'm glad that you're a father figure." He smiles and hugs me.

I love my life now 😊