Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Taylor POV

"So like are y'all a thing now?" Carly asks.

"It's complicated." I mumble.

"How? Either you're a item or you're not."

I mentally shake my head. "I know. We've gone on two "dates" if you could call them that."

They weren't dates. Yes we were together and yes it was just the two of them but a movie night for both dates? At least dinner and a movie would've been a real date. They hadn't been seen in public together at all which she understood why he was hiding her from the public eye but it made no sense when she hung out with the guys and Bailee all the time and the paparazzi talked to them.

"Do you understand what Zoe is teaching us? I'm having problems with the whole thing."

"So tell her that you're learning slower than others and need more time with her. She'll help you. I've got to go. Call if you need me."

"Where are you going?"

"Lunch date."

"With Austin?"

"No. Someone else. It's just this guy I met the other day. Nothing too major."

"Oh... Have fun!"

I doubt I will.

I grab my car keys and purse before walking out front.

Standing out front is someone I never ever thought I'd see at my door again.

"Beau, what are you doing here? How'd you find me? How'd you get past the guard?"

"I remember dropping you off here sometimes and figured I could catch you here."

"You found me. What's up?"

He starts turning red. "I miss you. And I shouldn't. Seeing you on the beach made me realize that I still have feelings towards you and I don't think they'll ever go away."

"Beau, I'm sorry. I miss you too. I do but I'm seeing someone right now."

"Is it that guy from the beach?"

"What guy? I wasn't with no guy at the beach."

"He came after you left. He was looking for you."

"Was his name Austin?"

"That'd be the one. Is he the guy?"

I nod.

"He really loves you Taylor."

I hope so, I think as the conversation I was having earlier pops back into my mind and the doubts I was feeling came back.

"Beau, you'll find a girl for you, you know that right? She'll be better than me. You'll think she deserves better but she'll think of you as her Prince Charming and you will be. When you find her, grab onto her and don't let go."

We talk a little bit more before parting ways and I get into my car.

There was no lunch date, no other guy, no dance classes, no one I had to meet, nothing.

I was just going crazy because Austin hasn't texted, called or skyped in 3 days.

Even Bailee had no idea why he hasn't.

He was off in Florida finishing last minute tour things and had been since Wednesday.

I mean, I understand he was a busy guy but not even a quick hey or I miss you.