-Chapitre Un-

"Hold still, Miss (Y/n)!"

"I'm trying, but I wish to leave already!"

"Goodness, child. You wanted to go as a genie, did you not? Thank the Lord your sister changed your outfit at the last second."

You rolled your eyes at your second maid's firm tone, holding in a groan. Why couldn't you be a genie? Or a gypsy? There was nothing wrong with dressing up as a fairytale princess, but it wasn't what you wanted to wear. It sure was pretty...however that wasn't the point! Your sister should've consulted you about your choice of clothes first. Just because she was older didn't mean that she could dictate like that. Keeping quiet, you let the first maid finish up and inspect you - clapping her hands together afterwards.

"Charlotte will kick up a fuss if I'm late. I can't take anymore of this silliness." You sighed as you held the silky skirts, leaving the room a second later.

"But Miss (Y/n), your gloves-!" You ignored their simultaneous cry of surprise and continued down the hallway, huffing.

"My, my, that's no way to treat our maids, little sister." A haughty voice called from behind you; causing you to halt.

"It's certainly no business of yours, big sister." You refused to turn around, annoyed by her superior tone. Her heels clicked against the floor as she approached, standing directly behind you.

"It is my business. You're going to make our family look bad if word gets out about your unladylike behaviour." Her innocent façade irritated you - knowing she took pleasure in playing with you like this. You wanted to snap at her, but pleasantries came first.

"My apologies for my tone. Unfortunately I am in a hurry, so I must bid farewell rather quickly." You spoke in a strained manner, stifling your temper.

"Is that so? How unlucky for me...I do enjoy our little...chats." You didn't need to look to know she'd have a smirk across her face, her sweet tone making you flinch.

"Charlotte La Bouff is expecting me. I must be on my way." You whirled around, snatched the gloves out of her hand and hurried towards the end of the hallway - trying to get out of her sight.

Your sister Alison was not one to be messed with; the older girl being very manipulative and malicious towards everyone around her. Particularly you. You grew up being subtly bullied by Alison for her own amusement. Your parents were far too busy with their fortune and work to listen to any complaints, and it's not like the maids could do anything. So you just...put up with it. You didn't see her that much anyway. She was too distracted by boys and money, whereas you enjoyed everything around you.

The nature, the people, the music, the...the rush of life and the never-ending joy the common folk got from having each other's company. You craved for some excitement in your life...some sort of chaos. Instead you were merely a fairytale princess, forever trapped in a fictional castle. You didn't make your own path, you were forced to waltz down the wealthy sidewalk of success. But this wasn't your dream. Not one bit. Being a pretty little rich girl with well-off parents and a snooty older sister...it was more like a nightmare.

"Hurry up Miss (Y/n), or we're going to be late! Into the backseat, go, go, go!" The chauffeur chanted worriedly, adjusting his spectacles.

With a nod you climbed into the back, putting the silk gloves on and placing your hands on your lap like a delicate lady. Charlotte was one of your friends, but she tended to be shallow and overexcited at the thought of men. Especially princes. It was more of a polite relationship if anything. Thinking about it, you actually didn't have many friends, unless you counted Tiana. But she was Charlotte's friend. And besides, she was way too hard-working. The last conversation you had with Tiana consisted of the waitress scoffing at your need for excitement.

You didn't need people like that. But then again, wasn't it better to have company than no company at all? You continued to ponder this as the car journey carried on, getting closer and closer to the La Bouff Estate. Perhaps being by your lonesome and making family-approved appearances in public was your only fate. But couldn't destiny be tampered with somehow? Too many buts and not enough solutions...Ah well. Your attention flickered to the humongous area owned by Big Daddy, the huge house shining with lights. Here we go-

"Goodness gracious, is that really you (Y/n)? Oh sugar, is it so good to see you again!" Charlotte chirped as the car pulled up in front of the gates, her outfit overwhelming.

She was wearing a poofy-pink gown, with a dark-pink bow and collar; a diamond tiara pushed into her neatly-tied blonde hair. Charlotte had cream-coloured gloves too, but hers were wrist-length instead of your elbow-length ones. A shade of fuchsia covered her lips, her mascara-tinted lashes fluttering in the slight breeze as she smiled. She looked very beautiful...then again Charlotte always looked dazzling in any garment she wore.

"It's nice to see you too, Charlotte." You politely replied, managing a sweet smile of your own whilst you got out of the car.

"Why look at you! Aren't you just as pretty as a magnolia in May?" She exclaimed happily.

"Ahaha, you're being much too kind. You look absolutely gorgeous." You complimented Charlotte; knowing how she worked. All you had to do was praise and sweet-talk the southern belle.

"Well you know me, honey, I always dress for the occasion. And oh, (Y/n), (Y/n), (Y/n), (Y/n), did you hear the news? Tell her, oh tell her, Big Daddy!" She grew overexcited, calling her father over and clutching his arm.

"Oh, uh, Prince Naveen..."

"Prince Naveen of Maldonia is in New Orleans!" Charlotte cut across her father almost at once, grinning from ear-to-ear.

"I think Alison mentioned that to me at some point, yes." You dryly spoke.

"Oh, isn't he the bees' knees? Ooh, tell her what you did, Big Daddy!" She got louder, shaking him vigorously whilst she waited.

"TELL HER!" The blonde girl demanded impatiently, overjoyed.

"Well, I invited..."

"Big Daddy invited the prince to our masquerade ball! Oh! Ooh, tell her what else you did, Big Daddy!" Charlotte interrupted him again - unable to help herself.

"Go on." She told him, sheepish when he threw her a sarcastic look.

"And he's staying..."

"And he's staying at our house as my personal guest." Eli La Bouff clapped a hand over her mouth and finished it himself, silencing her for once. You couldn't help but let out a soft laugh, amused by Charlotte's disgruntled expression for a second. Then she brightened up.

"Mm hmm! He'll be along in a bit! Now why don't you and I become the belles of the ball?" Your princess-like friend grabbed your hand and pulled you in the direction of the masquerade ball, being energetic like usual.

"Sure..."

A/N: This book was inspired by the other Dr. Facilier x Reader I found on Wattpad, which was called "Won't You Shake a Poor Sinner's Hand?" By Racebent. Unfortunately they've switched username or have terminated their Wattpad account (I can't find their account anymore). Just wanted to give credit where it was due.

Now this story won't have a proper update schedule (or any drafts), it's just something to do in my free time, as I am busy finishing my other works first. I hope you enjoy this short-ish? story, because I for one think there should be more Dr. Facilier x Readers out there! Have a good one! -Cam💕xx