-Chapitre Sept-

A gasp escaped your mouth as you sat up, beads of sweat running down your forehead whilst you gathered yourself. That nightmare... had Dr. Facilier actually gone into your dream and kissed you? Or had that been your overworked imagination? Whatever happened, it had unsettled you beyond belief - the glowing light of dawn shining through your window. It was early, but it's not like you were gonna get anymore sleep; you may as well get up.

You weren't sure what to do. It's not like you could tell anyone - and even if you could, who would believe you about black magic? No... You had to tackle this all by yourself. But what if...what if you didn't have to stop this alone? All you had to do was track down Tiana and help turn her back into a human! Screw telling everybody, and screw the Shadow Man! That kiss didn't prove anything - except that he was a sadistic psychopath. Well? What were you waiting for?

You swung your legs around to the side of the bed and stood up, moving to the closet. Tracking down two tiny frogs would be a bit of an issue, but it was better to start searching now rather than later. You took out a chiffon tea dress and wore it, slipping on a pair of white heels. After adding a pearl necklace and pulling on some snow-coloured gloves, you hurried out of your room and down the stairs - anxious to start your search. You would've been able to leave the house too, if it wasn't for a certain blonde-haired belle.

"(Y/n)! What are you doing up so early? It ain't even seven yet!" Crap, it was Charlotte.

"I was just going for a walk." You quickly covered your tracks, praying she wouldn't read too deep into your reply.

"Are you sure that's a good idea, sugar? What if you've still got that god awful bug from yesterday?" Charlotte fretted in concern - her blue orbs shining with worry.

"I'm fine. Now if you'll excuse me-"

"Mind if I join you? I just can't sleep any longer. Oh honey, I have such big news!" She gushed with enthusiasm and you sighed, knowing that you wouldn't be able to shake her off any time soon.

"Sure. So what's the big news?" You waited outside her room whilst she threw on some clothes, leaning against the door with your arms folded.

"I can't believe it myself, but darlin', Prince Naveen asked me to marry him! Isn't it just the bees knees?" Charlotte squealed in excitement, sounding ecstatic.

"You mean he proposed?" You were a bit shocked; didn't she only meet the Prince two days ago? They only bonded properly over lunch yesterday, so why on Earth did he ask her so quickly? Seemed a bit suspicious.

"Yes! He wants me to be his wife, (Y/n)! Can you believe it?" She bounded out of her room and threw her arms around you in a happy embrace - her eyes gleaming.

"I...I can't. I mean, congratulations." You chose to be polite over being dubious as you patted her back, used to her overexcited state.

"I've decided we're goin' to have a Mardi Gras weddin'! We'll have our ceremony held on the bigges' float of course-oh, and I'm even gettin' a new dress created for me too! My happily ever after has finally come, (Y/n). I'm so happy." Charlotte smiled dreamily, skipping down the hallway with you.

A spark of envious anger infiltrated your mind, your heart turning bitter as she said those words. "Her happily ever after" ? Please, as if fairytales were true. So she got all her wishes granted, whilst you were forced down a path you didn't even choose? She got to prance around like an airhead whilst you were trapped in the chains of society? And of course she got her happy ending. Where was yours? What reward did you get for being obedient and even letting yourself get bullied by your sister?

Nothing. Straight-up nothing. "Aren't you tired of bein' pushed around by her? Bein' forced down one path? Aren't you tired of bein'...a fairytale princess, forever trapped in a fictional castle?" The Shadow Man's words echoed around your mind, the frustration and jealousy pushing you over the edge. You almost saw red in your vision - Charlotte's happiness hurting your own. She seemed so shallow...so self-centred...so-so selfish to you. You stopped walking and turned to her, no longer in control.

"You're so happy, huh? Did you ever stop and think about how unhappy other people are? Or can you not even think with that tiny brain of yours Charlotte?" Your voice was cold and cruel, the sudden hatred you felt really taking hold.

"(Y-Y/n)! W-Where is all this comin' from-?" She stuttered; stunned.

"All you had to do was wish on a stupid star and your Prince came waltzing to the rescue. But me? What do I get for my pain and misery? I get to suffer and watch as you get everything given to you, like a stuck-up, babbling little brat." You glared at her venomously - your temper dangerously close to snapping there and then.

"P-Pain and...misery? I-I don't understand darlin'-" Charlotte stammered as tears welled up in her big blue eyes.

"I knew you wouldn't. People like you never understand what it's like to be trapped. Now if you excuse me, I'll be taking that walk now. Don't bother following me." You spoke abruptly and flounced off - leaving a flabbergasted Charlotte behind.

God, how could she be so stupid? Of course Charlotte wouldn't understand, everything got given to her on a silver platter. She wanted a puppy? Her father would get her a puppy. She wanted a new dress? Her father would get her a new dress. It was sickening. Once you'd reached the stone steps outside, you began to cool off; feeling exhausted and irritated at the same time. But then guilt washed over you, your gut lurching when you thought about it. How could you have said that to Charlotte? It wasn't her fault she was so...away with the fairies.

Your anxiety flared up as you saw the black shadows shoot through your veins, a chill running down your spine. Whatever was going on here, it was getting worse by the second. You had to get away from Charlotte and Big Daddy La Bouff, fast. Before you hurt anyone else with your newly-found, poisonous tongue. Poor Charlotte, she probably felt terrible right about now. The same question bounced around your brain, causing tears to prick at your eyelids. How could you do that to her? How could you do that to Charlotte?

With blurry vision you began to run, leaving the La Bouff Estate behind as you softly sobbed. You were incredibly malicious a few minutes ago...and to be honest, it was starting to scare you. What was happening to you? How could you make it stop? And how in the name of God were you supposed to find Tiana?! After a few more sobs, you took a deep breath and calmed down - trying to stop trembling. There's always a way to make things right. You just had to be smart. Where would frogs escape to? Where would frogs even reside in New Orleans? Hmm...Oh! The Bayou!

Tiana and the other frog could be hiding out in the Bayou...that would make sense. It wasn't that far away anyway. You decided to go into town and rent out a boat, knowing that the Bayou was far too wide to just walk over. An hour passed, and eventually you had your own rowing boat. It was a bit of a struggle to carry it, so you paid two gentlemen to carry it for you. They carried it all the way to the Bayou and then you thanked them. After that you climbed in, wondering how to row. You'd never even learnt how to row a boat.

Oh well, better late than never.