-Chapitre Cinq-

"Well, well, well...What do we have here?" His voice was silky smooth, his arrogant yet alluring tone luring you in. It was incredibly aesthetic, his violet eyes glimmering with mischief whilst he gazed down at you.

Dr. Facilier was dressed in very linear black-and-red clothing, wearing a top hat with a purple feather in it and a skull and crossbones design. Around his neck, he was wearing a necklace with two crocodile teeth. His clothing consisted of a dark-maroon undertaker tailcoat, black pants, white spats over black shoes, a purple vest under his coat, and a red cummerbund. He looked like a performer; some sort of showman. To you he was immensely attractive.

"T-The wall, there was something on the wall. It rushed towards me-"

"That's just a little somethin' we have in Louisiana, a little parlour trick. Don't worry~" Dr. Facilier chuckled as he slung his arm around your waist and guided you towards the emporium - ignoring your confusion.

His emporium was a long stretched-out hallway; a table and three chairs placed at the back. The wooden floor and small crimson carpet made it feel majestic somehow, the matching curtains going with the whole shebang. But the curtains weren't against windows - oh, no - they were against a blue wall, dozens of masks hanging about. Below them was a shelf filled with tons of tiny bottles and tonics. There was a random piano lined up against the side, a spotlight beaming down on the chairs and table.

A small indent in the wall was concealing a scarlet sofa - strings of beads covering it up. Skulls on podiums were opposite the hidden alcove, being lit up with red lights. The room was mostly dark with the spotlight and red light exceptions, causing you to grow curious. This whole room was extremely eccentric. Yet it excited you, with the subtle shading, secrets and slim space. Oddly enough you didn't feel on edge, you felt very comfortable. So you let Dr. Facilier move you in the direction of the spotlight.

"So um...what was that parlour trick then?" You eagerly asked, sitting down on one of the wooden chairs. He sat down in the main chair, behind the table instead of in front.

"Ah, ah, ah, a true magician never reveals his secrets." Dr. Facilier replied smugly.

"Oh...right. Well never mind, that's not what I came here for." You decided to let it go and he brought out of deck of cards, shuffling them between his hands.

"No?" His tone shifted to a more amused one; a smirk sliding across his face as he waited for your reply.

"No. I-"

"You came here lookin' for your friend Tiana, now didn't you?" Dr. Facilier cut across you arrogantly, and your mouth fell open.

"How did you know?" You questioned in bewilderment - still stunned by his talents.

"I looked deep into your heart and soul. That's also not the only reason you're here." His smirk grew wider as he responded, giving vague answers.

"Maybe it is." You stubbornly spoke.

"How are those nightmares coming along (Y/n)? Still ruining your sleep?" Dr. Facilier watched your expression whilst he spun a card around - showing you one. It was one of a (h/c)-haired girl looking upset as she slept, evil spirits circling her head. Was that...you?

"You came here lookin' for a remedy as well as your friend, isn't that right?" He grinned at your surprised face, liking the shocked silence.

"You really aren't a fake." You mumbled in surprise, causing him to raise his eyebrows.

"I ain't. But if you still have your doubts, I'll be happy to prove 'em wrong." Dr. Facilier flipped the card back into the deck and then put them down, giving a seductive smile whilst he clasped his hands together.

"That's quite alright. I believe you...for now. So about Tiana-"

"Wouldn't you rather get those pesky nightmares out of the way first, doll? They're the bigger problem here." He interrupted lazily.

"Well...I guess. You seem awfully anxious to steer me away from the topic of Tiana though." You narrowed your eyes as you grew suspicious, staring at the Shadow Man with distrust.

"Just thought your problem was more important." Dr. Facilier shrugged and stood up, walking over to the shelf.

"Thanks." You awkwardly replied.

"No problem, darlin'. Hmm...I reckon this'll do the trick. This and a little of that, yeah." He snatched a couple of different bottles from the shelf, placing them on the table before moving again.

"What are you doing?" You turned to look at what he was doing, confused by his actions. Now Dr. Facilier was...making some tea?

"These types of potions go into a drink, my dear. And what's more soothing than a nice cup of tea, hmm?" Dr. Facilier poured some tea into a cup and then placed it onto the saucer, putting it down onto the table. He put a few drops of both potions in, stirring it with a spoon a few seconds later. Then he passed it to you in a polite fashion, amused by your gentle hesitation.

"I...see. Tea is nice. Thank you." You took the cup and saucer from him, thanking him in a soft tone. After taking a deep breath, you swallowed down the sweet tea - not noticing a difference.

"So tell me, what are your nightmares about? Give me a little...insight." The Shadow Man sat back down and gazed at you interestedly - looking at you the way an animal would look at prey. It almost made you uncomfortable... almost.

"Uh...mostly about my past. My sister Alison, she'd...tease me a little." You answered as vaguely as possible, treading on the truth ever so slightly.

"Mmm, I think you're being a tad too kind there, darlin'. Didn't she bully you almost every day? Aren't you tired of bein' pushed around by her? Bein' forced down one path?Aren't you tired of bein'...a fairytale princess, forever trapped in a fictional castle?" The Shadow Man probed deeper and deeper into your personal thoughts, causing you to feel a tiny bit creeped out.

"I...I don't know what you're talking about." You deflected his remark instantly, your tone suddenly sharper.

"Oh I think you know exactly what I'm talking about, (Y/n) dear. I know just what you want. I'm also the only one who can give you it~" He grew smug again, seeming much more seductive than before.

"You don't know anything about me! I don't know how you know these things, but they're not true. Magic is just for little kids and crazy people." Your voice went from sharp to sleepy, your vision going a little hazy. What was in that tea?

"Oh it is, is it?" He darkly toyed with you, entertained by your defensive yet sleepy stance.

"Mmhm. Now if you excuse me...I need to get back to Charlotte's house..." You tried to stand up but you were all wobbly; your shaky footing making you feel nauseous.

The Shadow Man only flashed you a devious smile, his purple orbs glowing with evil intent. There was something wrong here...dammit, you should've taken Charlotte's warning! What kind of dark magic/cruel voodoo was going on here? Seconds crept past before your knees buckled - your body falling to the floor as you blacked out. You didn't feel the floor, so something must've caught you before you hit it. Whatever was in your system wasn't meant to be there, that was for sure.