ricochet.

prologue - rei's blues

        as i sit here, feeling dumb as hell and making patterns on this table out of my tears, i have a question for you. y'all ever read some story about some boring but cute little librarian-ass girl, and she's all like "kissing is too dangerous, mama says, leads to babies. love? what that is? oh, i'll never fall in love! i swear i won't!" and then her dumb ass does? 

or some story about a dude who's a player, and then he meets one girl he meant to play, but then he changes his ways  while screaming 'fuck love!' the entire time? 

        by the time either of these two realize they're in love, it's too late. they're gone off the deep end, and they can't be saved! their old selves are gone. they'll never be the same, whether they stay with their love forever or if it doesn't last but a month. 'fall in love, you'll get it,' they say with the happiest, most condescending smiles ever. 

        in my best big sean impersonation, i reply to them, 'ho, shut da fuck up...'  before i go off on them. [unless it was either of my moms. if so, i just nodded my head then retired to my room to laugh at their notion that love helps anything.]

those people falling in love all over the place? them niggas are crazy, okay? don't fall in love, ever. and if you're like me and are hell-bent on not falling in love, do me a favor.

don't fuck up and change your mind. you'll regret this... promise.

        oh, i see you, looking at your phone or your computer, shaking your head at me, like, 'she just bitter cause she hasn't found the right one.' or maybe you thinking 'she's seen love fall apart and is scared of getting hurt, the poor girl!' blah, blah, blah. you don't even fucking know me, so how about i just let my story do the talking for me before you try and write me off as bitter?

(by the way, i ain't bitter, i just got a bad case of the blues... bitch.)

a.n. - hey, what's up? *waves* jvpiter here, and this is my latest installment. lemme know what you think. i really hope it was different than any other prologue you've ever read before. [ dedicated to my baby, and since mama's telling me to get off, night, love you! ]