Chapter One

Dad told me that I was going to work here for the summer, before going off to college. I personally do not think that I need to build character, and if so, I would be perfectly able to do that in the Hamptons with all of my friends.

So here I am, standing in a group full of new employees for the summer, and I am one them.

"Welcome to Albright Hotels everyone. Today we are going to go get to know each other trough fun activities. My name is Anne Willow, and I will be your mentor today."

Great. I have met this woman so many times, because dad loves her. I think she is one of his favourite employees, possibly because she earns him a lot of money trough marketing the hotels. She is the one introducing Albright Hotels to the European market, and that really helped take the business to a whole other level. I think that is what bought us the giant house on the Upper East Side, so I guess she is okay.

"I am going to pair you up with a friend from another department than you, and together you have to solve all the activities on todays agenda." She said with an exciting voice.

When I get home, I am going to kill dad for not preparing me for a day like this. I mean I have been growing up in this hotel; there is not one single thing I do not know. Plus, I am only here for the summer, so I do not need to mingle with people from other departments.

"Leonora, you can team up with Trey. He is going to be a waiter. Leonora is going to be in the reception." She said while pointing to Trey.

He looked at me and smiled. He was handsome enough. This day might not be quite as awful as I expected.

"I am Trey." He said while offering me to shake his hand. "I am Leonora." I said as I shook his hand. He smiled nervously and then we looked at the paper that was handed out to us.

He was probably really nervous, because I am the owner's daughter. I could always smell the desperation around me while being here, because everyone wanted to be nice to me. I get why, but everything here is always so perfect. School is also perfect, because ever since I remember, my dad told me to do my best and get the best grades, so I never really struggled. Everything is just really perfect all the time, which I guess is better than everything being bad, so I'll deal with being treated different.

The paper said to find different rooms in the hotel and then at the room, there would be questions about the hotel.

Easy.

"So we have to find room 406. So I think its on level 6 and then room 40." He said and looked at me to hear what I thought. Wrong. It was obviously level 4 and then room 6. I thought that was pretty normal for any hotels, but he didn't really look like one who was used to staying at hotels.

Then it hit me. He does not know who I am.

I decided to play dumb, as if I didn't know where anything was. I would follow his logic and follow him around the hotel. It was so funny how he took over and tried to solve the task. If he knew who I was, he would probably ask my opinion all the time, and make sure I was being heard. But he did not.

The more I looked at him, the more handsome he got. He was an African American guy with milky chocolate skin and very short black curls. He had these cute brown eyes, that would make me dream of a simpler life every time he would suggest something I knew was wrong. Something about him made me want to play around with him and make him feel bad. Even though it sounds awful, it feels right.

The hours went by, and I would completely let him do his thing. He got the hang of it quickly though, and he did not make many mistakes as the hours went by. I could feel how he got a bit irritated with me, because I let him do all the work while just following him and pretending not to have an opinion about anything. It felt kind of good to be treated like I was a bad person, and something about him made me feel different. It was fun.