Chapter 4

2 months later...
I woke up because Chloe was shaking me. This happened every morning. I couldn't get myself up so Chloe sometimes had to pick me up and throw me out of my bed. I really didn't like getting up. When we all had a free day I could sleep till lunch and then it was enough for Chloe and she woke me up. But sometimes Chloe had to work on Saturdays and I needed to get up because if I didn't it would be really disrespectful to her because she wakes up with me every morning. 

"You have to wake up sweetheart!" She said bending down and kissing my forehead. I stood up slow from my bed just to give Chloe a hug.

"I don't want to go to work" I said almost falling asleep again on her shoulder.

"Well you have to and I do too. So we are both going to work." She said while walking up to the table and getting us some breakfast. We ate silently and walked outside. I felt so bad now for not knowing where Chloe's work was. She always walked to it but I was too lazy to go with her so I just took a bus to my work. This time I felt like I had to go with her.

"Umm, can I walk with you to your work and then take a train to mine?" I asked her.

"Well, I see things have changed." She was surprised by my request.

"Yeah. I just feel bad for leaving you alone when I am the one who doesn't need to hurry." I said taking her hand and letting her pull me down the street. We stopped at a large building on a lonely street. It didn't look very impressive from the out side. It was just plain and boring.

"So, I work here!" Chloe said in an excited voice.

"Well if I passed by here I would never guess that it is a school." I said honestly.

"I know. We can go inside. I'll show you my cabinet and everything. School starts after an hour and half." She took me by my hand and guided me through the door.

"I know it doesn't look too special but we don't have so many kids in one class. Usually around 15 because it's a half private school." She said as we walked in the small hallway.

She stopped at one point and turned to a door. She took out her keys and unlocked it. We walked in. It was music's classroom. Not too big but filled with different instruments.

"This is nice. But what do you need all these instruments for? I thought you teach a cappella." I asked her sitting down on a chair.

"I teach them a cappella too. But sometimes I need something to play on to keep the melody. And the kids learn how to play too." She said and smiled.

I saw her pick something up from the floor. She opened it and took a small guitar out of it.

"This is my personal ukulele." She said, "I've never taken it home because there I feel like I am with my a cappella friends."

"I never know you could play anything like that" I said pointing at her ukulele.

"I can and I will!" She picked it up and pressed the first chord.

She started playing and singing. Singing songs that meant a lot to me and her.

The moment was interrupted by another women walking into her cabinet. I saw Chloe smile at her and stand up.

"Hey, Chloe!" The woman said. "I just wanted to inform you that sixth graders are going on a trip today so you don't have the first lesson, but we wanted for you to take a look after the seventh graders."

"Yeah, I can totally do that!" Chloe smiled again. I just wanted for Chloe to stop smiling at her. Shitty jealousy at someone who I don't even know.

"Oh, who's she?"  The girl looked at me and asked.

"She's my girlfriend!" Chloe said, "Beca, this is Kendall. She teaches mathematics here."

Kendall waved at me."So your girlfriend?"

"Yeah. Is there something wrong with that?" Chloe asked looking a bit worried.

"No, I am just surprised. She looked very nice!'' Kendall looked at me again.

"Actually I am not nice at all" I smiled at her sarcastically.

"She is!" Chloe whispered and Kendall walked out of the room.