Chapter 7. A Dark Path

Darth Vader walked through the halls of his Super Star Destroyer, the Executor. His steps were precise and any stormtrooper or Admiral he walked by cowered fearfully and made way for him like nerfs scrambling to move for their cruel, herder.

Vader would have felt, in a sickening way, pleased that he caused such fear, but all thoughts were directed to one thing and one thing only.

Vader walked past his own chambers before going down the hall just a bit further, coming upon a door he lifted his hand to the lock, a lock that could only be opened by use of the Force.

Turning it the door shot upward, admitting Vader inside.

The room was dark except for a small lamp by a bedside, casting a soft light on the boy who sat up from where he had been laying on his hard bed, awaiting his master.

X-1 slowly stood. He had not been sleeping, nor had he been thinking. He had simply been waiting for Vader to come for him.

This was his new cell, a small chamber with a hard metal bed, a lamp and nothing else. But to X-1, well he could care less about comfort. Pain was the only friend he knew, comfort was like an idea that floated out of one's mind before they could grasp it and keep it from being lost forever.

X-1 bowed his head low to Vader, making himself seem that much smaller than he already was.

Vader looked over the boy. He wore new clothes provided to him by the Emperor. A black long sleeved shirt, black pants, tight fitting black boots and a silver belt. His hair had been washed and cleaned out though his face still held a slightly grey color to it. His eyes were no longer bloodshot and desperate, instead the look X-1 had was almost haunting. There was nothing in those eyes, no emotion, no feeling, nothing.

"The Emperor has called upon your presence." Vader finally spoke to which X-1 raised his head in acknowledgement.

Vader turned swiftly and walked out of the chamber, X-1 following him without question or hesitation. Vader led X-1 along, many troopers took glances at the boy who followed Vader like a shadow, but none looked too closely for fear of Lord Vader's unpredictable wrath.

They soon came upon a conference room where Darth Sidious was patiently waiting for Vader and X-1.

Sidious smiled upon seeing X-1. The boy would have look intimidating to any normal being, which was good. But of course to Sidious, X-1 was his slave, pawn and maybe eventually, something more. But for now X-1 would be nothing but an attack dog for the Empire.

Sidious walked forward slowly, nearing X-1 who lowered his eyes to the ground in meekness as the Sith came towards him.

"Look at me." Sidious demanded, causing X-1 to instantly bring his gaze up to his master.

Sidious suppressed a smirk as the boy obeyed him perfectly as he continued. "Soon you will be let out of this ship, to see that my vision is made a reality. But first you must perfect your skills with a lightsaber."

Sidious reached his withered, pale hand out to X-1, in it a simple, silver cylinder of durasteel. X-1 took it slowly, his hand grasping the cylinder as he looked at the object with a frown. It felt somewhat familiar, but X-1 wasn't sure why it felt familiar, he wasn't even sure what it was.

Sidious turned to Vader. "Lord Vader, you will be in charge of instructing X-1's training, no one else will be allowed to oversee his combat skills."

Vader bowed. "As you wish."

Sidious turned back to X-1. "Go along now." He said as if shooing a small pet away.

X-1 lowered his eyes again, bowing. "Yes my Master." He whispered before turning and following Vader out the door and into the halls.