Chapter 8. Becoming More Or Less?

Chewbacca growled as the Falcon flew past yet another system, with no sign of a Rebel distress call.

For months now Chewbacca and Lando had been searching for Leia, having received permission from Mon Mothma when Leia had not returned, but they had come up empty handed.

Searching the systems nearest Bespin was beginning to seem futile, what if Leia had been taken by the Empire? Chewbacca groaned woefully as the idea passed through his mind for the billionth time.

Threepio sighed as the scopes showed nothing. "Chewbacca, perhaps Princess Leia is looking for Master Luke? Is there anything she said before we left, or anything Master Luke might have said?"

Chewbacca barked before putting his furry hands behind his head, thinking hard for several minutes before a memory came to him.

***

Chewbacca whined in relief as Han Solo entered the Rebel base, but Chewbacca's relief was quickly replaced by worry as other Rebels ran by with Luke Skywalker on a stretcher, his face was bloodied and eyes closed.

Chewbacca quickly followed Han who grinned slightly upon seeing the tall Wookiee. "Hey Chewie." He said, greeting his friend with a casual tone of voice, though his face betrayed worry and fear.

Chewbacca growled and barked, gesturing ahead to the running rebels who carried Luke to the medbay.

"Don't worry, he'll be alright." Han replied, his voice uncertain though.

Chewbacca roared, not reassured in the slightest and asking what was wrong.

"What's wrong? Luke's been attacked, most likely mauled by one now those ice creatures, he almost froze to death and above all that he's delusional, talking about Ol' Ben and some Dagobah system." Han exclaimed, frustration and worry thick in his usually calm, sure voice.

***

The memory faded as Chewbacca sat up and roared in realization.

"The Dagobah system?" Threepio asked dubiously. "What would Princess Leia be doing there?"

Chewbacca didn't answer as he started to punch in coordinates for the backwater system. The Falcon shot off into the stars.

***

Leia spun around, the lightsaber slicing and dicing away as the rod fell.

Three pieces landed on the ground, little thumps heard as Leia looked at the rod in surprise.

Yoda made a grunting sound. "Progress you've made, but if Jedi Knight you were, seven pieces there would be."

Leia scowled. "Thanks for the support." She mumbled to which Yoda only chuckled in response.

Leia set Yoda down and return Luke's lightsaber to her belt before picking up the pieces of the rod. Despite Yoda's words Leia couldn't help but feel a bit of pride in her work.

She had begun to get a firmer grip on the Force, she felt it and had adequate control over it. But that wasn't enough, she knew that she didn't have the skill or power to save Han or find Luke. Not yet.

Leia turned back to Yoda. "Form three then?" She asked hopefully.

Yoda nodded with a smile as Leia grinned at the prospect of learning a new lightsaber form.

Form three was called Soresu, Way of the Mynock, or the Resilience Form. Used professionally it was a defensive form, used to survive and tire out an opponent until that opponent made a fatal mistake. It was a good form, but with it Yoda planned to train Leia in Ataru and Shien.