Chapter 11. A New Enemy

A blue blade slashed through the air with such speed and accuracy that it was quite frightening as Leia pulled the lightsaber close, the blade humming in her ear as she looked to the ground, seven pieces of metal glinted in the dim light of the swamp.

Leia exhaled softly, smiling down as she counted the pieces of the rod, picking them up as Yoda nodded in satisfaction from his perch on Leia's back. "Growing in skill you are." The little green Jedi said with a smile as Leia stood and headed to camp, putting the lightsaber on her belt before placing the pieces of metal onto a small desk.

"All thanks to your training." Leia replied with a smile as she pulled the backpack from her shoulders and gently set Yoda down. "Thank you, Master, soon I'll be able to go after my friends."

Yoda nodded solemnly before raising a hand. "Sense much anger in you, I do. Act on this anger you should not."

"I understand the risks of using anger." Leia responded, her voice low as she spoke. Truth be told Leia would do what was necessary to save her friends. She didn't care what happened, only that Han was saved from Jabba, and Luke found and brought home.

Yoda sighed as Leia stood and headed for the Falcon to check on Chewbacca, Threepio and Lando, who had all stayed on Dagobah with her for the last five months.

Lando was just running out, almost smacking right into Leia, luckily she was able to grab the taller man's arms and stop him from toppling both of them over. "Woah, what's the hurry?" Leia asked with a frown as Lando paused, breathing quickly.

"The Rebels, they sent a message." Lando explained. "It's, well you'll have to see for yourself."

Leia frowned, not understanding what Lando meant as he quickly re-entered the Falcon, Leia right behind him as they came to the cockpit.

Chewbacca looked up and roared with worry as he backed away, allowing Leia to see the hologram of none other than Wedge Antilles.

"Captain Antilles?" Leia asked in surprise, having not expected to see the Rebel Pilot until rejoining the Alliance.

Wedge bit his lip but smiled slightly, glad to see Leia alive and well. "Hello your Highness," Wedge began before hesitating.

Leia frowned, sensing something amiss. "What is it Captain?" Leia urged.

Wedge enhaled before speaking. "One of our Lothal vessels were attacked, by who we don't know for sure. But by the looks of things, we believe it may have been a Sith."

"Darth Vader?" Leia guessed immediately but Wedge shook his head.

"Surveillance didn't pick up much, but I'm sending you the recordings we were able to recover, it isn't very much but maybe you can make more sense of it." Wedge explained grimly.

Leia nodded. "Were there any survivors?" She said softly.

Wedge again shook his head mournfully. "We found one, but she didn't make it." He said, his voice grieved by the slaughtering of his fellow Rebel soldiers.

"I'm sorry, I'll try to figure this out. Don't worry." Leia said, trying to reassure the Rebel who nodded.

"Take care of yourself Wedge." Leia added.

"You too." Wedge answered before the comms were cut.

Chewbacca roared and looked to the communications console, pulling up the recovered footage of the attack.

Leia crossed her arms as blurred images played on the small view screen. Leia breathed slowly as a figure dressed and hooded in black tore through Rebel soldiers like nothing she had ever seen. But this was not Vader, the blurred image was too small, too skinny and far more agile than Darth Vader could ever hope to be.

But the images were too blurred and damaged to make out who that was. Leia opted to think it was some sort of Inquisitor, only far more powerful.

"Whatever that is, we have to return to the Rebellion before it strikes again." Leia spoke with a serious tone once the recordings ended.

Chewbacca roared in agreement, not liking the looks of this at all.

Leia sighed. "I'm going to have to speak with Yoda, he won't like me leaving."

Chewbacca barked in question.

"I've mastered Shii-Cho, Makashi and Soresu have come along quite well along with Ataru. My Djem So isn't bad if you ask me." Leia said as if reassuring herself of her abilities though this was all true. Dagobah was a planet that literally flowed with the Force, both the dark and the light. This gave Leia such a huge footstool that her training through the last year had excelled at a surprising rate even as she hit speed bumps every now and then.

Still, Leia had become quite adept at using the Force, learning her lightsaber techniques and skills, becoming a very powerful Force User. Surely Yoda would understand.

***

Yoda stared at Leia hard after she had requested to leave.

A heavy silence fell over the two for what seemed like several minutes as Jedi Master and Padawan sat in Yoda's little hut, staring at eachother.

Yoda finally sighed. "Condone these actions you wish to take, I cannot. But see the reason behind this I can. A dangerous enemy I sense in your future Leia. Fear for you I do." The Jedi said in concern.

"I understood what I would go up against when I began learning from you Master. I won't fail." Leia said with humble confidence.

Yoda huffed and nodded. "Trust your instincts you must, but come back you must do as well, finish your training before gone am I."

Leia nodded solemnly. "I will return, I promise." She said softly, meaning it.

Leia turned and crawled out of the hut as Yoda sighed, remembering Luke when he had promised to return as well.

Yoda reached hopefully, for the millionth time to find Luke, but there was nothing, Luke's light was gone, Luke was gone.

***

Leia, Artoo, Chewbacca, Threepio and Lando packed up the Falcon and Leia's X-wing as they got ready to leave Dagobah. Within a day the group was ready, saying their goodbyes to Yoda who watched them leave.

As the ships flew up into the sky Yoda felt a familiar presence.

"Do you believe she will succeed where Luke failed?"

Yoda shook his head slowly. "Her future, and Luke's, clouded they are."

***

Returning to the Rebel Alliance brought back an excited Leia as she was welcomed with open arms into the people she thought of as family, but she still had one singular objective in mind.

The group had met up with a Rebel Fleet, from there Leia, Lando and Chewie began to make a plan to free Han. After months of planning Lando was sent to Tatooine to infiltrate Jabba's Palace.

He stayed for several months as Leia's plans began to take form as she used these months to hone her skills. Nothing was going to stand in her way, Han was going to be rescued, she'd find Luke, everything would be back to normal. All she had to do, was be patient.

Author's Note.
Another short chapter, sorry! But I hope this doesn't disappoint. Leia is gonna go save Han!!! Thank you for reading, don't forget to comment your thoughts, vote and point out typos. And remember, the Force will be with you, always.