The Girl with the Bambi eyes

"Frank you're gonna be late get up already!" Ray banged on my bedroom door. "Fine I'm getting up. Remind me why I have to go to this stupid school again?"

I heard Ray chuckle as he went downstairs. Sighing, I got up and headed for the shower. School was one thing I didn't look forward to at all. After showering I packed up an extra t shirt and hoodie incase I had gym.

I grabbed a coffee on my way out and hopped into my truck. The guys had decided that it was best that we try and finish our educations. Mikey and Gee weren't starting until tomorrow so I had to stick out the first day by myself.

Pulling into the school parking lot I noticed that all the cliques were grouped together but there was one girl, who walked with her head down, scurrying inside. Getting my schedule from the office I headed to my locker and then to my first class.

Art with Mr Roberts. I handed him my new starter slip and he gave me a standard pack of materials. The room had been loud when I arrived but soon it went quiet as they noticed the new kid.

"Please introduce yourself and find a group to sit with."

I scoured the room and my eyes fell on her. Her eyes wide, innocent looking, as she looked up to see me standing there. I grinned. She was cute. "Hey I'm Frank. I just moved here. There's not much else to say,"

Still smiling I headed straight for the desk next to hers. There was something in her eyes, something I couldn't determine. She shifted in her seat moving her backpack so that I could sit down. "You might not want to sit here..." She mumbled.
She looked almost frightened.

"If I thought anything I did was sensible idea I'd be a very boring person." She gave a small smile and it was beautiful. "I guess so... But I doubt you could ever be boring." I chuckled and pulled out my sketchbook.

The  lesson seemed to be just for everyone to do what they wanted. I looked over to her sketchbook to see the most detailed landscape picture, she was definitely talented. That's what some jock shoved her.

"Hey! There was no need for that." I shouted at him. "Frank it's ok just leave it. Please." She turned to the guy and apologised! Is she crazy?

The bell went, signalling the end of class and before I could stop her to ask her name she'd pretty much run from the room.