»07

CURRENTLY LISTENING TO 'FOREST FIRE' BY BRIGHTON

A GIRL WHO DRINKS SCOTCH
CHAPTER 7

I'M LEAVING TOMORROW NIGHT. BUCKY had said due to the absence of noise in the kitchen. He was fixing Nava a sandwich,
a peanut butter one to be exact. He cut off the crust and edges as she requested. Each slice of bread was doused in peanut butter, and Bucky thought he had done a reasonable job. He knew that Nava was giving him longing eyes. He did not want to leave, but he had to. Bucky also knew that Nava needed to get up and do something with her life, because staying cooped up in the cabin would not treat her well. He wished he could give her some inspiration to get out, but she didn't seem up for the task yet and he did not want to push her. He placed the sandwich in front of her.

She glanced down at it with an uninterested look. Her arms were crossed and laid upon the table. "I'm sick of sandwiches. That's all SHEILD used to feed me. And peanut butter too. Haven't eaten them since."

"Why'd you ask me to make you one?"

"You're a hundred years old. You can't expect me not to be a little bit curious. But you succeeded. Good job,"

"You're letting a perfectly good sandwich go to waste," Bucky sassed.

Nava shrugged, "You made it."

Bucky tossed the sandwich into the trash and cleaned up his mess. Nava wasn't happy. She wasn't sad either. At the moment, the only thing she was was emotionless. She didn't know what to feel. Her thoughts were jumbled into a ludicrous mess. She wasn't being sensible; all Nava wanted to do was go with Bucky. But that wouldn't make her what she wanted to be. She wanted the hiding to be over.

"So what'd you want?"

"Nothing."

Nava was apathetic today, disinterested in what the day was offering. Her eyes traced up and down Bucky's body, a look of trepidation twisted in her facial features. She wanted Bucky to be secure. It was selfish for her to want Bucky to stay. But putting aside her yearning for Bucky to remain where he was, she couldn't wait till he left at the same time. She wanted to turn the page and start fresh, saving people. It was the only way she could earn the world's trust. Nava looked harder. She tried to find a flaw in Bucky.

Bucky looked back at Nava with pain inflicted in his eyes. A goner. That's what his appearance seemed to state. He was a goner the moment he was born. He was a goner the moment he joined the army. He was a goner the second he got onto the train. The good ones weren't supposed to last; he cheated death. Now, he was tackled with the remnants of his past with no escape. Nava thought that Bucky didn't deserve this, he deserved a tranquil death, surrounded by the people he loved. Or better yet, he deserved to be placed in a secluded, undisturbed area. But with the amount of people after him, the journey seemed endless. Bucky was going to be on a constant run unless he could find a place to settle.