»09

CURRENTLY LISTENING TO 'I HATE U, I LOVE U' BY GNASH

TILL THE LAST SECOND
CHAPTER 9

NAVA SAT ON THE BENCH that was implanted at the bus stop. Smoke had risen in the distance, all of it from her cabin she ruthlessly set fire to. "What'd you suppose that's from?" Nava glanced up at the woman standing next to the bench. She had dark skin, and was middle aged. Nava wondered what it would be like to be at that age, knowing half of your life was gone. Life was depressing like that.

"A havoc." Nava suggested.

Her fingers were wrapped around her phone, awaiting the call from Bucky. She knew it would not be for a while, but Nava was always alert. Epically when it involved loved ones.
This had been the third bus she had taken, and Nava had no idea where she was going. Her next stop would get her closer to Pennsylvania, which would get her closer to New York, but that wouldn't stop it from being far. She either needed to hitch-hike, or steal a car like she did the Impala. She was sick of that old thing the day she got it, she could never describe her feelings towards the car. She just loathed it.

Her mind ran through the possibilities, bored out her mind. Maybe it was because the leather seats contained an old-person stench, or how the car wobbled and gave her a headache, or how steamy and warm it always was inside. Maybe it was because it reminded her of the past.

"That's a very ... quaint observation," she was beautiful. Nava was jealous. Her eyes were baby blue, evoking memories of her Bucky. She spoke so elegantly, reminding Nava of a Greek goddess.

"I suppose so." Nava split open a skittles bag, picking through it in a fickle manner. She shoved her finger into the bag of palatable candies, searching for the red ones like a child. The delectable woman gave her a look, one Nava could not determine. She seemed eccentric; she had a wary look placed on her face at all times, and a strand of gray hair on the side of her head which just added a wacky appearance.

"Waiting on someone's call?" Nava could not figure out what was wrong with this girl, something was just off. She was so mature, yet so much like a teenager at the same time.

"We're all waiting on someone."

"Girl, where are you going?" She tilted her head to the side. The bus hauled to a stop in front of the station. Nava allowed a tiny smile to appear on her face. She wondered if it was that obvious she was lost, or maybe this girl was just a mind reader. She shook her head, the grin not fading.

"What's your name?"

"Jaimie." The name sounded oddly familiar. Nava shrugged it off, and stood up.