»10

CURRENTLY LISTENING TO 'COUNTING STARS' BY ONEREPUBLIC

CHEESE DIDN'T WORK
CHAPTER 10

YOU'RE RUSTY, ROGERS. NAVA FLIPPED him over so that his back made contact with the floor. Her knees were crushing his elbows, which was always a painful experience. She smirked down at him. "I might just be getting better than you." Nava and Steve had gotten closer ever since Natasha recruited her. He was aware of everything that had happened involving Nava and Bucky, and he wished to find his best friend as well.

"You spoke too soon." Steve pinched her stomach, which was her ticklish spot. He slammed her down onto the mat, causing her to hit her head.

"Uh ohs," Nava said, rubbing her forehead with her index finger and thumb.

"You have to always be vigilant. Just because your enemy doesn't know your sweet spot, doesn't mean they can't find it."

Nava silently laughed to his choice of words. "Yeah, and you weren't exactly my enemy when you found my sweet spot a couple years ago."
Steve grinned, and with her super speed, Nava got up and ran behind him. She kicked him in the small of his back, and he fell to the floor.
"'You have to always be vigilant.'" Nava mimicked in a manly voice. "On your feet, Rogers."

Steve grunted, and heaved himself off the ground. "You know you can call me Steve, right?"

"It's more fun this way," Nava raised her fists, and every time she punched him Steve caught her hand, or dodged it swiftly. He snatched her wrist and twisted it, causing her to groan. Steve released her and they went through the whole process all over again. The battles resulted in him twisting her arm every time. He tried to kick her, precipitating Nava to catch his leg and throw a swift blow to his stomach. She shoved him onto the floor. It was the first punch she had made in a while.

"No speed, Nava. Save it for the real situations," he got off his ass. "You have to learn to control your emotions before you get riled up. You run out of energy quickly, I've seen it."

"I should be learning to preserve that energy." Nava argued. She knew Steve's side of it, because running at an enhanced speed does take your breath away. But she needed more power, because if she could preserve her energy she could be very resourceful.
Steve put his hands on his hips, perspiration running down his neck and soaking his t-shirt.
"I don't mean this in a rude way," His tone was very promising. "But if you can't compose your emotions, people could get hurt. Especially if you gain more strength."

Nava nodded. She hated the mastery Steve had in life. He was so wise and knowledgeable, it was hard to win a battle with him. She wondered if the task was possible. His expressions were soft which led you to agree with him. He had strategy, that was for sure.
Steve was filled with knowledge, and though Nava was envious, she knew he had been through much to get that wisdom. He had perspective. "Just try to look at it from my view, Steve."