Real

« Here she is! » Hayden said, smiling fondly at the little girl in Phoebe's arms.

Nate and Hayden had just entered Phoebe and Paul's house when the blonde woman screamed to see the little girl.

« What's her name? » Hayden asked her best friend, taking the child in her own arms with Nate behind her.

Phoebe smiled brightly while the two men went to discuss something in the living room.
Hayden couldn't care less about them, she was holding her godchild !

« Alice » Phoebe answered, reaching out to take her new born daughter's hand in hers.

« Hello Alice Wesley. I'm sure we're gonna be great friends! I'm your auntie Hayden! »

Meanwhile in the living room:

« Man, I got something to ask you. » Nate told Paul, the second they sat down on the couch.

Paul took some bottle of beers from the mini fridge next to the couches, handed one to Nate and the other to him.

« Go for it dude »
So Nate took the velvet box out of his trousers pocket and showed it to Paul.

Paul just sighed and put his beer down on the table, next to Nate's untouched one.

« Man... I really like you too, but I'm with Phoebe and we just had a daugh- » he was interrupted by Nate who hit him in the arm.
Paul just chuckled at that .

« Alright, Alright I'm kidding. When are you planning to ask her? »
Nate sighed but looked at Paul again.
« I... I had found the perfect opportunity, but thanks to your girlfriend's water I couldn't have asked her then »
Paul laughed and mocked horror, putting a hand on his chest.

« Dude, I'm so sorry that my daughter felt the urge to come to birth and broke your moment »
Nate rolled his eyes but accepted the apology nevertheless.
« Thanks Dude, I appreciate it »

« Whatever. I'm happy for you guys I guess... I talked about marriage with Phoebe but she said she wasn't ready yet »
Nathaniel looked at his friend in disbelief and wide eyes. 
« You have a daughter together! »

« Yeah well, chicks are crazy man, get used to it! » he said as he took back his beer.

« So you.,. You don't think this is too soon..: I mean for me and Hayden »
Paul almost chocked on his beer hearing that.

« Dude, you've been dating her for ages, you have a kid, got rid of a psycho ex girlfriend... when would be the right time if not now? » Nate couldn't help but nod at the mention of Carla.

Yes.
He would do it.
He would man up and ask Hayden to marry him. But the question kept coming back again. If not now, then when?

I am well aware this part sucks but I am writing it at 3:21 am and I just felt this urge to update. I am half asleep so please forgive my mistakes. 😘 mouah