Real

Time seemed to have frozen for Nate, who had just turned around to find Hayden's angry face.

He was still in front of the door, Carla right in front of him, on the step of it, her sophisticated clothes and broad smile still intact.

Paul and Phoebe were standing side by side, holding their breath.

« Hello, Hayden » Carla was the first one to break the silence, as she addressed the pissed off blonde a few meters away from her.

Carla tried to move and get inside the house, but Hayden had to take a few steps back, which resulted in her almost colliding into Paul's chest.

« Come anywhere nearer and I'll call the police! » she yelled at the brunette, still not over the fact that woman had tried to kill her.

Carla stopped taking steps forward and stayed at the doorstep, clutching the straps of her bag nervously.
« Hm... I know you don't want me here... »

« I don't want you here?! Are you really that stupid? Last time we checked you were in an asylum, you freaking psycho! » Hayden shouted, cutting her off, while Phoebe and Paul kept quiet, but Nate had to step in.

« Hayden... »

« What?!! Don't tell me you are okay with her being here!... wait... did you, did you tell her where we were? » Hayden started to yell, but finished her sentence with her voice barely above a whisper.

But did she really think he could do this?
Put her, and their daughter in danger... again?
Okay, it was his right to be angry now!

« What?!, » he started, taking close steps to her with his long strides, as long as his legs allowed him to.

« You, » he pointed a finger at Hayden accusingly, his brows furrowing and his face turning into an ugly mask of anger.

« You think I would do this ?! To you? To Aimée? »
Hayden was quite taken aback by his sudden outburst, just like everyone, but she couldn't stop being harsh.

« It's not like it would be the first time »
She replied very calmly, staring deep into his eyes as if she was challenging him to say something.
But he didn't.

He just continued to stare at her, in her beautiful blue eyes, even though he really wished he could just kill her right now.

He forced himself to calm down and breathe heavily in and out, while Hayden kept on staring at him with pursed lips.

« Hm... guys... I think you should focus on the situation before it gets out of hand » Paul butted in, holding Phoebe's hand as he squeezed it.
His girlfriend was still staring in front, looking intensely at Carla, who smiled at her.

Phoebe had met Carla before, and her crooked psycho smile too.
But when she smiled, here, right in front of her, it didn't seem perverted... just uncomfortable and... apologetic?

« You're right, » Hayden started and crossed her arms over her chest.
« And this starts by getting the skank out of this house! »

Hayden started to walk forward and was about to slap the door in Carla's face, despite Nate's protests and both Phoebe and Paul's bewildered eyes, when the outsider put a hand on it to stop its closure.

Hayden stared at her in shock and alarm that she might do something, like try to hurt her, again.
But at her greatest surprise Carla just stared at her with the eyes of a desperate woman.

« Please... I... I am so sorry for what I made you go through... I just ... I need to talk to both you and Nate! I'm better now, I swear! »

Hearing this, Hayden felt the urge to scoff.
Carla wanted to talk to her? And to ... oh right... Nate! Still trying to get him uh?

Carla must have sensed Hayden's thoughts at the look she gave her, so she quickly raised her left hand to reveal a diamond ring.

« No! Look I'm not here to steal Nate away from you! Even if I was I know I don't really have a chance, but look! I'm engaged! »

Bonjour!!!
So sorry this part sucks!
There's a lot more to come, don't worry! Thoughts on Carla being engaged?
STAY FANTASMABULOUS ❣️❤️