Real

Nathaniel was walking hand in hand with Hayden in the airport.

Phoebe and Paul had gone to take the tickets back home.

They were soon going to take a plane to fly back to LA and find Aimée back.
They had spent to long away from her, the parents both thought.

Nate still had the ring in his pocket and was still fidgeting with it, when Hayden noticed he hadn't taken his hand out of his pocket for a while now.

« Babe, we're walking, hand in hand, are you seriously  waiting for some texts right now? »

Nate was surprised, thinking he was caught, but then  felt relief flow through him by her words.

She thinks it's a phone, not a ring. It's alright.

« You're right, sorry »
He took his hand out, letting go of the velvet box and cupped her face with the hand that wasn't holding hers.

« I love you » he told her, but mostly told himself to make sure he was doing the right thing.

I mean, she loves me too, we have a daughter together, she'll say yes.
Come on, man up dude, ask her.

But of course, he did not 'man up'. He just stared at her, but before she could say it back, he claimed her lips with his own.

The kiss started as slow, but soon turned into a full make out session.

« Ew! Guys we're in an airport! Kids from all over the world are watching! » a mocking voice came from behind them.

They let go, and turned to the voice.
Paul. Of course.

« Yeah Paul, remind me how you got your girlfriend pregnant again? » Nate asked with as much sarcasm as he could.

While Phoebe who was next to her boyfriend made an 'ew' sound, Paul smirked and answered:
« Sure natty, if you tell your story first » he said, pointing Hayden with his finger.

His girlfriend smacked him across the chest.
Paul and Nate started to chuckle while their girlfriends were scolding them.

« So... you got the tickets ? » Hayden asked her female friend.

« Yep » Phoebe replied, popping the p and looking down at pieces of papers in her hands.

« Took longer than we thought, Paul wanted to buy food, and he ended up putting all the Doritos bags in the cart. » Phoebe said, looking at her boyfriend accusingly.
Hayden and Nate both chuckled though.

« Tell me About it... this one-she pointed Nate- kept fidgeting with his phone in his pocket while we were supposed to have a last romantic moment in Barbados ! »

Phoebe laughed heartily at that, and the two women started to talk about their boyfriend's flaws.

Nate stood still, watching the woman of his life smile and laugh with her friend.

But of course, he felt Paul's look on him.
He, of course had already understood what Nate really had in his pocket.

He gave him a knowing look that clearly said :
'Dude, we need to talk'