And You're Kissing to Cut Through the Gloom

Then I got dropped off. Logan was waiting in my room for me. My stepmom had to go do something. Leaving us alone for a few hours. I fell asleep on my bed with Logan, a tiring day it was. He woke me up an hour before we had to leave for the preshow. I slid off my clothes. Logan was staring. I looked down and slid on my black white collared dress. I slid on my knee socks and turned on the radio.  

I sat down on my floor, in front of my mirror to redo my makeup. I applied my foundation and power on my face. I contoured my cheekbones and put on and pink and black smoky eye. I applied eyeliner and mascara. I stood up and walked to my dresser and put all of my rings on, grabbing my perfume and putting a heck ton on because I smelled like sweat and Logan.  

I looked at him and changed to the Cd, instead of the radio. It was an old Disney CD I made of Brendon Urie singing Disney songs. I had downloaded his live and burned it on a CD. I laughed, Logan didn't look okay. He screamed like a fangirl to the music. I laughed and laid on his chest, my head on his soft black sweater. His blue eyes looked into mine and I smiled.  

We called my dad, he drove us to the Preshow. We arrived early. Logan and I sat by the bushes. We started messing around. I am pretty sure my mean English teacher almost caught us. Honestly I love him so much. I kissed him once more and we headed inside. There was so many people. Soon enough, I found who was in charge of this whole show.  

She told me I am going on in 5 minutes so Logan and I went back outside so I could tune my little concert ukulele. I tuned it and smiled, I had three minutes. I kissed him again. Two minutes. I ran inside and waved at him as he sat down on one of the brown leather couches. I plugged in my cords and tapped on the microphone. The person who was in charge and I introduced the whole show and the pre-show.  

I strummed a few chords and began singing. I could see Logan in the back with a smirk on his face. His eyes were slightly closed. He seemed relaxed. I got to the chorus. The song seemed so long. I muted the ukulele with my hands over the strings took a deep breath and went for the 25 second long note. Logan started cheering and people caught along and stopped talking. I started to feel better about myself. Like I finally belonged. My song ended and I smiled and walked off the little stage.  

Logan walked up to me and I smiled, looking town. "I knew you sung, Amaris." I blushed as he used his hand to make me look at him. I sighed and grabbed his hand from my chin. "Actually, Logan." I started, "I don't think you should be here a few of my judgmental friends are going to be here, so..." Logan stared at me, "Oh, I understand." He smiled, his black hair falling in his face. We walked out as he looked for an Uber. He found one and we waited for the Uber to pick us up.  

They were there under 10 minutes. We had a long kiss before he got in. I laughed and he hugged me. He got in and waved. He rolled down the window as I shivered. "I wish I brought my jacked, babe. I would have given it to you.." He blew a kiss and the driver drove off. I sighed, I knew I had a situation to deal with now.  

I sighed as I walked inside to get my wallet, I grabbed it and got a Coke. I needed caffeine, badly. I sighed again. I went to the bathroom and touched up my makeup. I fixed my eyeliner and highlighter. I fixed my hair, It seemed flat. I had hid a brush behind a plant a few months ago. I used it and walked out. I saw Kennedy. I looked at her, screamed and ran. I smelled like Logan. I forgot to put on more perfume. I feel like guys can smell other guys on you. We sat down in the spot I had saved earlier.  

We waited and texted Mason, he wasn't reading or replying to our messages. We sighed and waited. We decided to go outside and wait for him. But, I remembered that his mom was driving him. Ugh. His mom doesn't really like me- I guess. We waited and he got here I took one look at him mom and I ran for it. Kennedy. and I booked it into our seats. We sat down and I watched Mason and his mother like a hawk. Not keeping an eye off them I continued to talk to Kennedy. 

Mason came over in the first third of the show and asked us a few stupid questions. I answered them nonchalantly. I looked at him making eye contact. Third heart attack of the night. I rolled my eyes and I told him the things he wanted to know and told him to sit by us. He didn't give a reply but I didn't shrug it off. I asked again and he agreed. I sat down with Kylie. I laid on her sideways and watched mason still.  

I watched him come over and sit by us. What a relief. I watched his every move trying to predict how this goes. I watched him, I stuck up a few short conversation. By now I couldn't hear his voice. The static I've been seeing came back at the worst moments. I sighed and laid on his shoulder. I struck up another one about his first kiss. Honestly, I was just curious. He seemed like he didn't want to answer, but I pushed it out of him.  

I smiled and laid down again. Soon enough it was time to go backstage for him. He told me to go along with him. So, I did. What else was I supposed to do? I went with him and we walked behind the black curtains. It was dark, but I could see. Mason couldn't. I guess he sleeps with his light on maybe? I don't know.  

We watched the cheerleaders, which I helps with all of Anna's makeup. It looked better than everyone else at least. Along a girls lyrical routine, and Vivian- that dark haired singer everyone simply adores. He was up. His notes were just as amusing as when he practiced.