Chapter 12

Unedited

Before the Orc could decapitate my king, however, a little buggar (about four feet and ten inches tall) attacked the surprised Orc, jumping on top of it and stabbing it with Sting probably six to eight times.

I felt like I could cry more, but I was dehydrated and tired. This adventure was so tiring.

Thorin fainted, while Bilbo jumped up, standing in front of him with Sting ready. He swung a few times and the Orcs began to stalk towards him. Around this time, we were all getting out of the useless tree. We attacked. Man, I was tired.

And the Eagles came, spreading the fire towards the Orcs. Picking us up, one by one. Except, my Eagle grabbed me and Bilbo. We were dropped onto the back of another.

Bilbo looked at me, silent, without an expression in his face. Oh, I could kiss him! He saved us.

So, I laid him down on the Eagles back, between its feathers, keeping him out of sight and I grabbed his face between my hands, examining him. I touched the little wrinkles beside his eyes. I wrapped a few of his curls around my fingers. I stroked his bottom lip with my thumb. "You saved me," I managed. It wasn't entirely true, but whatever. I leaned forward, nudging his jawbone with my nose. Mahal, he smelled good, especially for someone on a journey.

I pressed my lips to his neck. And then his jaw. And then his ear. To his temple, to the space between his eyes and making its way to the final destination. His pink lips were soft and full and wet from his tongue. For a few moments, it was just me, moving my lips around on his. But then he joined along.

Bilbo Baggins

Holy shit. She was kissing me. Me! I began to move my lips around as well. Oh, she smelled so sweet and was so good at this.

I did what she did and nudged her with my nose. She nodded slightly, opening her mouth. Exactly what I wanted. My tongue slipped into her mouth, searching. For what? I'm not sure, but I haven't found it yet. Her fingernails grazed over my scalp and I moaned into her mouth.

Laelia grinned against my skin. Ah, fuck, I was hardening up. I slipped my hands under her tunic and did everything I could in that short period of time.

I wasn't sure what would happen after this. If she would still treat me like her little Bilbo or as a make out buddy. But I knew three things:

I have loved her,

I love her,

I will always love her.

Laelia of Erebor

Oh, Mahal, this was so not the time I should be doing this. Especially with what's going in with me, Kíli and Thorin. I pulled away.

"Thorin!" Fíli screamed. Oh my Mahal, was he dead? He looked dead.

Bilbo understood me without me even speaking. He went back to being my little hobbit.

The ride on the back of the Eagle felt like forever. All I could think about was Thorin. Was he dead? Was he alive? How can I help him? Stupid questions played in my head as we soared through the air. My tears had dried up, but I knew that if I had anymore, they'd be falling. Bilbo didn't make a sound either. His hand was warm on my back, where he rubbed my spine. That's all he did.

With Thorin dead or alive (?) and Kíli in distraught across from us, I was beginning to regret what I had just done with Bilbo. It was bad enough there was a semi-love triangle with an uncle and nephew, but now I just added a hobbit. It was a freaking love square.

I wasn't sure if this made me a slut or not. I pondered on this thought for a while, though, and came to the conclusion that I was exploring my options. Not a slut. Well. Maybe a slut. I had made love with all of them at one point. Well, shit.

-

The Eagles began to circle around a tall rock/cliff thing as the sun rose above the mountains. Each of us jumped off the backs as Thorin was laid down in the middle.

"Thorin!" Gandalf yelled, running to his side. "Thorin," he whispered as I sprinted to him.

I took his cold hand in mine and produced more tears. Of course. Thorin's face contained many scratches and cuts. His mouth was partly open and his eyes were closed; he looked so vulnerable. I clutched his hand, holding it up to my mouth, kissing it and keeping it warm.

"You're okay," I whispered against his skin. "It's okay,"

Gandalf put his fingers on Thorin's forehead, mumbling a spell, moving his hand down his face. Thorin's eyes opened. Gandalf sighed. My heart nearly gave out; he was okay.

"The halfling," Thorin croaked.

"He's alright," Gandalf smiled. "Bilbo is here." I looked up. Bilbo was standing away from the rest of us. He was watching, but not close. "He's quite safe,"

That was my queue to go. I dropped Thorin's hand and stood, while the other helped Thorin up. I leaned against Kíli, who kissed my hair. I was reluctant to watch the encounter with Bilbo and the dwarf. I was worried.

"You!" Thorin grumbled and Bilbo's smile faded. "What were you doing? You nearly got yourself killed. Did I not saw that you would be a burden?" I felt Kíli tense in anger beside me. I frowned at Thorin's words as he continued, moving towards the hobbit. "That you would not survive in the wild?" The two were now face to face. Bilbo's expression was unreadable. "That you had no place amongst us?"

Bilbo stared at the ground. I wanted to punch Thorin, square in the jaw. Bilbo looked so hurt, and I couldn't stand it.

Thorin's voice changed. "I have never been so wrong in all my life," and he hugged Bilbo.

He hugged Bilbo! There was cheering among the dwarves. Finally. I started to smile and then giggle.

Sighing, I grinned at the two men hugging. Thank heavens.

"I am sorry I doubted you," Thorin said after he pulled away.

Bilbo shook his head "No, I would have doubted me, too. I'm not a hero or a warrior...or even a burglar." The Eagles crowed and flew away. I ran to them, first I wrapped my arms around Thorin's neck, squeezing him.

"No more fighting Orcs on your own!" I whispered into his ear. He grinned, kissing the tip of my nose.

I turned and held Bilbo. He was hesitant to touch me back. "It's okay," I mumbled. "I know and it's okay." His arms snaked around my waist.

When we were finished, I caught Thorin staring at something behind us. We turned to meet his gaze. "Is that what I think it is?" Bilbo asked. Thorin began to walk to the largest point of the cliff we were on. We all followed.

A genuine smile appeared on Thorin's beautiful face.

Gandalf nodded, smiling. "Erebor, the Lonely Mountain. The last of the great dwarf kingdoms of Middle Earth."

"Our home," said Thorin and I got goosebumps.

I stood next to Thorin, wrapping an arm around him. "Home," I whispered, kissing his jaw.

Tweet. "A raven! The birds are returning to the mountain." Óin stated. This was good news.

"That, my dear Óin, is a thrush," said Gandalf.

Thorin mumbled, "We'll take it as a sign." He looked at Bilbo, smiling. "A good omen."

"You're right," Bilbo nodded. "I do believe the worst is behind us."

But he was very wrong.

End of Part One