第36Q

With five minutes left, the game continued. "They took out number 7?" questioned Kasamatsu when he noticed the new lineup.

"He's been the focus of the rough play." said Kise.

"They must've taken him out before it became fatal." said Kaijo's captain.

"Is this going to break Seirin?" asked Kise.

"No." Kise looked at Kasamatsu when the latter said that. "It might be the reason they won't break."

Izuki passed the ball to Kagami but Kuroko misdirected it to Hyuga, who made a shot but missed and the ball bounced of the ring. "So close!" said Fukuda.

One of Kirisaki players got the rebound, and Seirin began running to defend. 'Now that Kuroko's acting on his own, our passes are making it through.' thought Kagami while running.

'But without Hyuga's threes, we can't make it.' thought Izuki.

"Hyuga's not making his shots today." commented Wakamatsu. "He really needs to make them now, too. What do you think, Sakurai?"

The said player observed Hyuga's posture that might've had affected his shots. "His shoulders are tenser than usual." he noted. "It's like he's overexcited. Three-pointers that require a delicate touch are a matter of choice. No matter how good the shot, sometimes they just don't go in."

"So then..." said Wakamatsu, trailing off.

"However, once you make one, it doesn't stop." continued Sakurai. "He's especially like that."

Kiyoshi glanced at Yasu before looking down. His hand reached over for hers and engulfed it as he gently held it, getting her attention. "I'm sorry for saying those things to you, Ya-chan." he said regretfully.

Yasu gave him an assuring smile. "It's okay." she said. "I understand how you felt at that time. The reason the damage of the rest of the team has been so light against such a violent team is because you protected them, Tep-nii. The others will handle the rest."

"Mitobe!" yelled Hyuga, who was about to pass the ball to the said boy when Hanamiya guarded him.

"You think you can do anything without Kiyoshi?" he taunted with a grin, making Seirin's captain click his tongue. "Who's next after that piece of junk?"

"I'm going to get you, Hanamiya." snarled Hyuga. "I promise you won't get away with this!"

He tried to break free from Hanamiya but the ball was knocked out of his hands. The two went after it but the ball bounced out of the court. "Out of bounds!" shouted the referee. "White ball!"

Kiyoshi picked the ball up as the two captains stopped. Recalling back what Kiyoshi had told him during the years they played basketball together as a team, Hyuga realised his mistake. 'Until now, my mind's been full of thoughts of beating Hanamiya.' he thought as he returned to the court while Izuki got ready to pass the ball. 'But that's not the promise we made. Besides, there's something else. I've been meaning to say it since last year.'

Hyuga managed to break away from Hanamiya before getting guarded by another player. 'HIs expression changed?' noted the latter, much to his surprise that Seirin's captain was more relaxed compared to the beginning of the game. He broke free again as Mitobe settled a screen before he could stop him. Kuroko passed the ball and Hyuga caught it. "Crap!" he cussed.

'It's really hard to say, though, especially now.' thought Hyuga while raising the ball up high, aiming at the basket. 'Now that I think of it, even high fives- Huh? I don't think we've ever done it before. I'd better start there. Once we win this game, I'll do it.' He then released the ball.