第37Q

It was a winter night when the boys were enjoying themselves in the nearby hot springs. Kuroko was relaxing himself when he heard something bubbling next to him, causing him to open his eyes to see what it was. "Kagami-kun, you shouldn't let your towel touch the water." he advised.

"Really?" responded the said boy before removing the towel from the water.

"Ah, viva-non." sighed Koganei, who was relaxing in the spring water.

"What's viva-non?" asked Kiyoshi when he heard an unfamiliar phrase.

"Who cares?" said Hyuga. "Idiots."

"Your remarks are lacking bite, Hyuga." noted Izuki teasingly.

"Of course they are." he said while stretching. "After all, we're at the hot springs."

"I have to thank Ya-chan for convincing Riko to come here." said Kiyoshi while wiping his face.

"Yeah, taking us to the hot springs to refresh ourselves." said Tsuchida.

"Tomorrow we're going right back to practice." stated Hyuga before lowering himself in the water without letting his hair touch it. "Don't lose focus."

"I know." said Kiyoshi.

"Look, look!" said Koganei while swimming in the spring water. "I'm doing the butterfly!"

"I knew you'd do it, but don't do the wildest stroke." scolded Izuki.

"Hey, let's go over there." said Furihata to Kawahara and Fukuda while pointing at a spot in the spring water.

"Sure." agreed Fukuda.

"Hey, you!" yelled Hyuga while standing up, revealing his naked self. He pointed at the three first-years and said, "Don't tastelessly wear your towel around your waists. Look at Kagami." Their attention then went to the said boy. "His towel casually slung over his shoulder. His dashing standing figure. His swim trunks-" He stopped when he noticed that he was wearing something when he was supposed to be naked. "Swim trunks?!"

"Oh, I've never been to hot springs before." said Kagami when he followed his senior's gaze.

Hyuga heaved a sigh before muttering, "Kids from abroad..." He went towards the washing area and sat on one of the stools, with his back facing them. "Fine, then." He then pointed at his back and said, "Underclassmen wash their seniors' backs."

"You just want to make them do it." said Izuki bluntly.

Kagami was then forced to wash his senior's back, as he knelt behind with something in his hand. "Like this?" he asked before brushing him down. His senior winced and suddenly laid on the ground in pain.

"Hyuga!" called Izuki, panicking when he saw the vertical marks on his back.

"How'd that happen?" wondered Kagami while staring at the green brush in his hand.

"What's wrong with you?!" scolded Izuki. "That brush is for cleaning!"

"I thought he was going to kill me." wheezed Hyuga as he slowly got up, still wincing from the pain. He then noticed Kuroko washing Nigou in a mini-tub, both covered in bubbles. "You're turning into a cotton candy!"

"Huh?" responded the confused Kuroko, looking at his senior.

"Uh, um..." Hyuga pointed at them before letting out a frustrated sigh. "I don't know where to start!"

"They said we could wash Nigou." said Kiyoshi, who was watching the scene.

"In the bath?" questioned Tsuchida.