Six

After my moment of weakness, Negan had me escorted to my new living quarters.

"Not that you'll be needing it very often darlin'!" I recalled his final words to me before leaving, the sinking feeling settled in once again.

I sat on the single bed with the Motel-Six bedspread. The fabric was similar to a scrubbing sponge: uncomfortable and abrasive. The walls were painted a dark grey, with basic furniture. I looked at the window and wished it wasn't frosted. It would've lifted my spirits to see the outside world.

Im sure that's by design. He wouldn't want me hiding out here!

Sitting on the scratchy blanket for a moment, I stared at the blank window. It wasn't long until I was breaking my nails off, attempting to peel off the laminate. I picked at it until I'd damaged all my fingernails and blood caked under what remained.

Even a domesticated rat had the luxury of being able to see outside of its cage. So I'll be damned if I'm not afforded the same right! It had taken me hours to peel just one square off. But when I stared out into the sunset, I knew it had been worth it.

I grabbed an apple that I'd found in the fridge and took a big bite, enjoying the sweet, crisp taste and the juices dribbling down my chin. It was the first bit of fresh fruit I'd had in months, and I tried to enjoy it, whilst numbing myself to the context that lay thick surrounding the gesture.

Lies. Lying to myself was going to get me through this. I purposely altered my line of view, avoiding the sight of the walker fort. I'm at Alexandria.

After I finished eating and had nothing to do my eyes drooped, fatigue setting in. I stood up, unzipped and shimmied out of my dress in preparation for sleep. After being up for 30 hours straight I immediately fell unconscious the second my head hit the pillow. Miraculously, I remained completely comatose.

My usual nightmares unusually absent.

I woke up about 7:00am, somehow feeling well rested. I stood by my hard-earned view, my fingers entwined in my tight curls.

I wish you were here, my love.

CRACK!

I snapped my head to the door as it swung open, and in trotted Negan. His stance was wide with hands on narrow hips, admiring me from across the room. My hands flew up to my breasts and crotch in a feeble attempt at covering my modesty.

Oh yeah, that made it so much better ...

His mouth formed an O, as a slow whistle filled the room. "Hey hey hey Goldilocks! It's poppa bear!" His unrelenting stare made my arm hairs stand on edge. He closed the gap between us in three long strides, his tall frame towering over me, and I wasn't short by any means! He ran his finger softly across my collar bone, and I gasped at the overfamiliar contact. "And this bowl of porridge was JUST right."

He tucked my hair behind my ear, and his hand rested on my cheek. "So what do you think about my offer? What's your verdict?"

I laughed humorlessly at his illusion of choice.

Well if he wanted to act like I had choices, I'll try my luck and state some provisos.