Chapter 19

I walked home calmly, trying to absorb all the details of this village, my home, as small cold rain drops started falling down on my cheeks. I would've probably ran home if this was some other time, but now I didn't want to, I'll have enough runs for my life. And this will probably be the biggest one. Running from this place, these people.

It took me a few moments to find my keys, when I finally did, I opened the door and went in dripping wet. I took my coat off along with my bag, threw it on the table and looked around. My place was a mess. I normally wouldn't mind it, I knew I wasn't coming back to this apartment, but I kinda pictured some weird dudes who thinks I'm dead in my apartment, going through this mess to find evidence.

I shrugged at the thought as I picked up the clothes off of the couch, my bed, some on the floor, and put it all in the closet. I washed the dishes and threw out the garbage. I thought about sweeping but... who cares about the dust? My cleaning rule number one: if you can't see it, you don't have to clean it.

I glanced at the time. He should be done by now, shouldn't he?

We have to be outta here by morning tops 'cause they think Kakashi-sensei is dead by now. I wonder what happened in that area? Did Tsunade tell the elders the fake bad news already? Or are they waiting to find a solution for me to die as well? I rolled my eyes when I realized how ridiculous it sounds.

When did things get so complicated?

No idea.

Or maybe it was complicated from the start.

I couldn't think of any way for myself to fake a death. Dying for real is way easier.

I got killed? Then who's gonna be the killer? "Some strange man with black clothes came in Konoha yesterday and killed ___ ___ and left" I thought in my head sarcastically.

Suicide? That might work. That way I don't have to add any more characters, just me, and some other things.

I almost liked the idea if that's possible, and rushed to a drawer to find some paper and pen. It was easy to put myself in "about to kill myself" pose because I was literally gonna be dead to a bunch of people. And let alone it was something I've experience before.

I, ___ ___ want to tell everyone that I'm deeply sorry for my actions.

I crumbled the piece of paper. I didn't want this to be a suicide note, maybe just a goodbye note to a friend who's going to college or something.

Dear Naruto. – I wrote down and looked at the two words as I thought about what to write next.

Thank you for being a wonderful friend. Tell Sakura I'm sorry for everything. And don't forget your promise. I'm sorry for my actions, but remember I will always remain.

I was always one of those people who knows what they're trying to say but can't quite put it into words. But this is good enough, isn't it? Short, simple, keeps the point. I couldn't understand why I felt the need to remind Naruto of our last conversation, he's the last person to forget that kind of thing anyway.

I folded the paper once and looked around, looking for a suitable place to leave it. I was probably making unneeded effort to this note, I tried placing it on 10 different places. But at last I just decided to leave it on the desk where I wrote the note.

"Ring Ring" I heard the telephone ring right beside my desk. I picked up the phone immediately.

- Will be there in 5 seconds. – I heard him say and he hung up. If you're gonna be here in 5 seconds, what's the point of even calling?