6- Starting Today...

Truth or dare had long been over now and everyone split up to go home. Meadow took a deep breath as she spotted Lloyd down the street up ahead. She quickened her pace to catch up with him.

Here goes nothing....

"Hey uh, L-Lloyd? Can I talk to y-you for a second...?" Meadow stuttered. Lloyd stopped in his tracks, turning around.

"Yes?"

Meadow started fidgeting and shifted her weight.

C'mon Meadow, you can do this!

"Um, well I uh wanted to ask you....do you want to um, hangout at, like, a r-restaurant tonight uh you don't have to, if you don't want to...." Meadow squeaked.

That was stupid....

"A-are you asking....do you mean like a d-date?" Lloyd asked, quite surprised by this sudden question. Meadow slowly nodded, looking down, feeling worry and doubt and shame all build up over her.

"S-sure! Um, what time?" Lloyd smiled shyly, never being asked out before.

"When are you free?" Meadow asked.

"6:30 sound good?" Lloyd asked. Meadow just nodded.

"I'll meet you at your place."

_____

Lloyd was now on the phone with Kai. Freaking out to him nonetheless.

"I've never been asked on a date before!" Lloyd screamed into the phone.

"Dude, chill out. You're going to give me a headache." Kai winced.

"What am I supposed to wear?" Lloyd felt his heart racing. This was happening so suddenly, he wasn't sure if he was going to go through with this.

"Don't sweat it, I gotcha. Be over in five."

Kai came over soon, trying to choose clothes out of Lloyd's closet. They had been trying on outfit after outfit. Which Lloyd had somehow gotten into some weird sombrero outfit.

"Shouldn't I be wearing something more casual?" Lloyd glared as he took the hat off.

"I mean, we could go with the first option." Kai shrugged smugly.

"For the last time Kai, I'm not going shirtless!" Lloyd yelled and tore off the poncho over his shoulders.

"Fine just wear this." Kai rolled his eyes as he pulled a plain white shirt with blue jeans. Lloyd went into the closet to change and then went out to look at himself in the mirror.

"I....actually like this." Lloyd said as he looked at himself in the mirror.

"Of course. I got my taste in clothes. Now here." Kai handed him a green flannel to put over the shirt.

"Thanks for helping me, Kai." Lloyd smiled.

"You're welcome, now you better get going, Meadow's probably already downstairs waiting." Kai told him.

"How did you-" Lloyd started but then got cut off.

"I have my ways. Good luck and go get her." Kai winked.

Lloyd left his apartment and took a deep breath. Heh headed out of the building and saw Meadow, who was smiling shyly. She had wore her usual mint bow, a purple and white shirt that said "HI!", a mint skirt with black leggings underneath and purple flats.

"Meadow! You look...amazing!" Lloyd gasped at the sight of her. Blushing slightly at her.

"You t-too!" Meadow stuttered.