5- Crushed

(Lloyd's POV)

I let out a breath of air. So far no one has said anything mean to me, probably thinking I was some other kid. The hoodie is actually working. I'll have to give a big thanks to Meadow for that.

I had to put my green hoodie in my locker, though. It would have been such a hassle to carry it around. Right now I was in the bathroom, washing my hands. Then I got a bit of water on my hand and ran it through my hair for it was sticking up a bit from static, but I can manage.

"Yo Lloyd!" I turn to see Kai, who had looked like he was about to leave.

"Hey Kai!" I walk up to him. We fist bump and then continue to talk.

"I almost didn't recognize you, bro. Nice hoodie. Where'd you get it?" Kai inspected the sweater on me.

"Oh! Meadow actually gave me it to help with the bullying problem. So far it's been working! No one recognizes me at first glance." I tell him.

"Meadow huh?" Kai raised an eyebrow and smirks.

"Yup, she's really sweet. She's been helping me a lot lately. I wish I could do something for her though. Of course I did save her yesterday at the attack but she doesn't know that it's me...."

"Wow you are really don't have experience with girls. What do girls like?" Kai asked. I thought about it.

"Perfume?" I took a wild guess.

"No." Kai shook his head and crossed his arms.

"Flowers?" I tried again.

"No."

"A stuffed animal?"

"No."

"Candy! That's got to be it."

"No."

"Then what do girls like?" I said, quite fed up with this.

"You gotta ask her out!" Kai smiled brightly with a certain twinkle in his eye.

"What? No! I like her, but not like that! I mean sure, she's really nice. We have bonded quite a lot, she likes me for being myself, and yeah she's pretty cute but-" I cut myself off, realizing what I just said and held a hand to my mouth in response.

"Wait a second, you think she's cute?" Kai asked me, smirking. It left little goosebumps on my skin.

"Well, I mean, I guess. But in no way we are going to be dating." I crossed my arms. But Kai didn't stop there.

"Have you two become very close friends?" Kai asked me, I was confused.

"Yes...?"

"Do you like her?" Kai asked me quite quickly not giving me much time to answer.

"Yes. I mean.....not like that!" I got flustered, feeling the heat rise to my face.

"Sounds to me like someone's got a crush~!" Kai said in a sing song voice.

"I do not!" I playfully shoved Kai.

"Oh yes you do~!" Kai ruffled my hair up as I tried to get away. I broke free and splashed some water on Kai's hair from the sink, then I ran out of there laughing.

"Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon, get back here! I swear I'll tell Meadow what you did!" Kai yelled as he ran after me.

I don't think I'll ever admit it, but I think I do have a crush on Meadow.....

_____

(No POV)

"Look, I'm only here for Meadow." Flare and Kai were with their own groups, trying to come up with a plan.

"I was talking to Lloyd earlier to get answers out of him, and get this: he said that he thinks Meadow is cute. Buuut he denies having a crush." Kai claimed.

"I mean, it's pretty easy to tell that Meadow's got a pretty bad crush on Lloyd." Crystal pointed out, getting remarks of agreement from the other guys.

"Do you think we should set them up on a date?" Nya suggested. Most everyone nodded their head in agreement.

"Blind date?" Jay asked.

"Nah, too complicated. They'd both get suspicious." Clare said.

"Just convince one of them to ask the other one out. Look, we'll play truth or dare when the bell rings at the front of the school, and the first one to say dare, has to ask the other one." Kai suggested.

"I like the way you think." Flare grinned.

"Thanks." Kai smirked.

The two groups had made their agreement. All they had to do now was wait. Soon enough though, the bell rang throughout the hallways. Students started running out of their classrooms and get home. But the ninja and the girls took their sweet time. Once they had gotten outside, they all went to some nearby benches and took a seat. Clare started the plan.

"Hey guys, want to play a game?" She asked. The others gave a slight nod, knowing what was about to happen.

"Meadow!" Clare said, startling her and almost making her drop her books.

"Yes......?" Meadow asked cautiously.

"Truth or dare?" Clare had emphasized the word dare. Meadow had pretended to think for a bit.

"Hmm.....truth." Meadow said, getting some saddened looks from some of the guys.

"Is it true you'd rather date Chen than......the Green Ninja?" Clare asked her.

"Oh please, no! You know how I feel about Chen. Sign me up with the green ninja any day to keep away from that guy." Meadow answered. Cole nudged Lloyd's side, making Lloyd blush and push back Cole's arm forcefully.

"Ok, Jay, truth or dare?" Meadow asked next.

"Uh......d-dare!" Jay answered, feeling quite confident. Meadow knew that Jay was more fragile than her, so she tried to come up with something he could handle.

"I dare you to.....eat Cole's cooking." Everyone looked at Jay, who gulped. Everyone knew just how bad Cole's cooking was, so this was a challenge.

"Why do all pin this on me?! Can't I just eat my own food...?" Cole whined as he unzipped his backpack. He took out a sandwich cut in twos and gave one half to Jay. Jay held it up close to his mouth, the sandwich smelling weird. He hesitantly took a bite, immediately spitting it out.

"Ew! Ew! Ew! Who puts peanut butter, broccoli and sour cream in a sandwich?!" Jay opened his own backpack and started chugging from a water bottle he had.

"Hey! I like them individually and I thought it would taste good together. And it does, thank you very much." Cole took a bite out of his own sandwich, unaffected by the taste.

After that, Cole had to listen to digital music, Zane was asked who his best friend was, which he couldn't decide, Kai had to give up his hair gel for a day and Nya had to give up her motorcycle, which she was devastated about. Lloyd then chose who to be in a room with: Green Ninja or Meadow, he had to say Meadow in order to keep his identity a secret, then Clare had been asked about her sexuality, Flare was asked who she liked the most in the ninja group, which she answered Kai. Finally Crystal was asked about her hair, whether it was dyed or natural. Then it went back to Meadow.

"Meads, truth or dare?" Crystal asked.

"Dare!" The two groups smirked and grinned, knowing was about to happen. Crystal leaned over and whispered into Meadow's ear. Meadow's eyes grew wide in shock.

"What?! B-but-" Meadow tried to protest, but Crystal wasn't letting her.

"It's a dare." She smirked.

"Fine, but not now." Meadow whispered back to her. Her face reddened at what she was to do.