Markiplier x Reader •Prom Date•

•(Y/n) POV•

I can't believe it. It's nearly time for prom and I haven't even got a date yet. But most of the boys already have a date apart from one. I've wanted to ask him out for a while but I'm scared. He might reject me. So many other girls like him, so what is the point of even trying to ask.

I got out of bed from thinking to myself and looked at my alarm clock. It was 6:45am. I had time to look my best today to try and get a date today. I rummaged around in my wardrobe and pulled out a black skirt, a burgundy top, red and black striped knee high socks, a pair of golden converses and a black checkered flannel.

•No one's POV•

You slipped your clothes on and sprayed some perfume all over yourself. You then tied your hair in a messy bun on top of you head and headed down stair where you were greeted by your mother. "Good morning, (y/n). Your breakfast is on the table sweetheart." You walked over to the table and began to eat your toast. You suddenly was distracted when your phone vibrated. You glanced at is and noticed that Mark had texted you. You began to blush and opened the message

Hey there, you coming to school today?

Yeah, why ask Mark?

Just wondering...

Oh okay 👌See you later ❤️

Cya (y/n).

You face palmed yourself for sending a love heart and slowly ate your toast as you reflected on your mistake. You looked at the clock and began to get ready to leave. "Have a good day at school hun!" Shouted your mother as you headed out the door. "Bye Mum!"

•Time Skip•

You walked in to the school grounds slowly as a group of girls whispered things about you and laugh. Suddenly they surrounded you and pushed you around. The 'leader' confronted you and towered over you. "Who are you dressing up for?" She snarled at you but you ignored her and proceeded to walk. She suddenly grabbed your hair and pulled it harshly, causing you to fall back. "Ow, just leave me alone."
"Aw, how sweet. How about you stay out my way." With that they left and regrouped else where. This wasn't new to you. They would pick on you everyday. You picked yourself up and fixed your hair before walking to your first class. You came across Mark who was walking to the same class and spotted you. "Hey (y/n). You alright?" You didn't look up but you still replied. "Yeah I'm fine." Mark paused for a bit and looked down. His eyes widened as he saw a massive graze on your knee. "What happened!?" You looked at him and back down to your knee. "Oh it's nothing, I just fell over." Mark looked worried and walked the rest of the way with you to class. Once you two reached class you two and other students were told to stand at the front of the class as there would be a seating plan change.
The teacher read out a list and you sat at the back corner with Mark.

(Another) •Time Skip•

It was now lunch time and you were walking back to sit with Mark. You were carrying a try of food that you just got as you walked towards Mark. Suddenly a girl stuck her foot out quickly and you fell over. Everything splattered on you and you skirt flew up. You quickly pulled it back down and looked up. Lots of kids stood around you and began laughing at you. Some of them were recording you and others were taking pictures. You began to cry as you curled up in a ball to hide your face. "HEY!" You looked up as you saw Mark break through the crowd and started shouting. "WHAT THE HELL GUYS. WHY IS THIS SO FUNNY TO YOU! EVERYONE GO AWAY!" You were shocked as you have never heard Mark shout before. Students began to walk away as Mark offered to give you a hand. You slowly took it as you rubbed your tears away. He pulled you up and helped you to the headteacher's office.

After Mark explained the problem you decided that you wanted to go home early so Mark walked with you back. Mark placed an arm around you and smiled. "You okay?" You nodded and sniffed. "I hope you don't mind me asking." Both if you stopped and faced one another. Mark looked nervous again and spoke up. "I was wondering if you wanted to come with me to prom." You were shock and happy at the same time. "Of course." Mark smiled again and gave you a big hug. "I thought you were gonna reject me." You were happy and replied back to Mark. "I thought you were gonna reject me. All the girls seem to be all over you." Mark chuckled and leaned towards you, earning himself a kiss from you. "By the way, how about you punch that girl square in the face next time." You chuckled to yourself and agreed with Mark.
You finally reached home but turned towards Mark. You leaned towards his ear and whispered "Thank you, Mark. I love you." You kissed him on the lips before turning away and heading into your house. Mark gently touched where you kissed him and blushed. You peeked through your curtain and watched Mark as he began to walk back to his home.