six;

Olivia's POV

I take the seat across from Miss Lovato where a bowl of Mac and Cheese has already been placed for me.

"Looks great, thanks Miss." I smile at her nervously.

She puts down her fork and looks up at me, mirroring my smile. "You don't have to keep calling me Miss Lovato," she sits up straighter, "outside of school I go as Demi, so feel free to call me Demi." She flutters her fingers in front of her face to emphasise 'Demi'.

I snort at her movements and nearly choke on the food on my fork. She joins in on my laughter after breaking out of her emphasised face.

"So," I pause and look up at her, "Demi." It felt strange saying her first name, it was so pretty but it was such a personal thing. "Is it short for anything?"

She nods before finishing her mouthful of food. "It is," she cringes, "Demetria."

"It's like you just named Voldemort," I laugh at my own dumb joke, "why do you hate it so much?"

Looking back down in to her lap, she sighs before sending me a half hearted smile. "My dad," she stops for a second but continues, "he used to call me it when I was a kid." Her eyes glass over for a split second before she quickly gathers herself back up and looks at me. "How about we talk about school?" Demi changes the subject quickly, trying to play it off smoothly but failing.

"Sure." I smile, not wanting her to feel as if I was intruding.

"How're your other subjects going?"

I think for a second. "Not bad, only been a couple of days though so I can't really tell completely."

"How are you finding math?" She leans in after her question, only a tiny amount but it's enough for me to notice. Her big brown eyes lock onto mine.

My stomach feels fluttery before I can even get a word out. "It's uh-" I don't know what to say, do I mention how I can't stand math and I'm only tolerating it cause my teachers hot as fuck?

"Don't like it?" She bites the bottom of her lip, almost as if she's nervous about my answer.

"It's not that I don't like it," I reassure her, not wanting her to feel bad. "It's just I'm not good at it.. like at all."

"Why'd you pick such a high level if you're 'not good at it'?"

"My parents," I'm quick to admit, "They've always been obsessed about my future career path and I guess they just wanted me to do the subjects that would scale me higher."

The side of her lip quirks up into a smile and she looks down at her plate. "I could help you now if you wanted?" She stands up with her empty plate and puts it in the sink.

I stand up and do the same, leaving me to stand right in front of her. "As long as it doesn't end up with me in frustrated tears, I'm in."

It was true. Every time I got stuck on a math question I would end up working myself up over it and crying myself to sleep the same night. That's how much I hated it.

"I promise." She smiles and starts to walk into the living room.

I start to follow her before she turns around abruptly and looks towards the table. "Do you wanna do it on the floor or on the table?"

My heart jumps into my throat before I realise what she was implying was definitely not how it came across.

Demi notices my shocked expression and is quick to cover her bright red face with her hands. "No - I - fuck," she is quick to stumble on her words. "I didn't mean it like that," her hands drop to the side of her and she grunts defeatedly.

I can't help the genuine laugh that escapes my mouth and before I know it she's laughing along with me.

"Tables probably better, better lighting too." I try my best to lighten the mood even more to create a comfortable atmosphere for her.

"Sounds good, I'll go get some paper and pens."

I nod before taking a seat back at the table, mentally preparing myself for humiliation.

------------

Short chapter I know I'm sorry but there has been a lot of requests for a new chapter so I thought I'd get one out quickly
ENJOY!!!