ten;

Olivia's POV

Thankfully, Demi didn't push for an explanation. She instead insisted on disinfecting the scrapes on my body to save any infection - to which I went along with.

I can't express how embarrassed I feel right now. I wish Demi didn't see me freak out like that, she probably thinks I'm going crazy. Which in those situations isn't far from the truth I guess.

I've always had pretty bad anxiety whenever my body was put under even minimal stress. So when something this major starts happening in my life, I really don't know how to deal with anything. My brain is always in a fight or flight mode and it's like my heart is constantly beating much faster than it should be.

I feel fingers softly grab my wrist and I look up to be met with Demi's gaze.

"Are you okay with me doing this?" She signals to my arm, "Or would you rather do it?"

Seeing as I can't really see the graze on my forearm and I wouldn't really know what to do anyway, I shake my head slightly. "It might be best if you do it."

I get a sudden feeling of guilt. She's going out of her way now to help me and as much as I feel so happy that I can see she cares, she shouldn't have to be doing it.

Lost in my train of thought, I feel a sharp sting on my arm and audibly wince.

"I'm sorry." Her concerned eyes are now back on mine, "I should have warned you." She had a frown on her face before waiting for my answer.

"No, it's okay," I retorted. "I just wasn't expecting it, it's not your fault."

She sends me a sympathetic smile before dabbing some more disinfectant onto my arm. This time, I was ready for it and although it hurt, I kept it to myself.

Every now and then she'd shift her focus to me and make sure I was handling it well. I'd never seen someone be so concerned for me, not this much.

After she bandaged up my arm, she looked at my knee that was still slightly covered by my jeans.

I could tell what she was about to say. "I'll go change." I insisted, just to make the whole process a little easier.

She nodded, "I'll be down here." She sent a smile my way almost making me trip on my feet.

As I got into the room I was staying in, I looked through the bag I had bought, really hoping I had some more clothes. Luckily, I did.

Sliding off my jeans, I slid my pyjama shorts on. Due to the colder weather, I didn't think to bring any other short clothes and these were all I had for shorts.

While I was there, I threw on one of my baseball jumpers and went to make my way downstairs before catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror.

"Fuck, I hope these aren't too short." I say to myself while studying my legs. They were only just covering my ass. Due to the sport my parents made me do while I was growing up, my legs were slightly toned. Pretty much the only thing I didn't completely hate on my body.

Realising there wasn't any other options, I made my way downstairs to find Demi in the kitchen pouring two glasses of water.

Making my way towards her, I leant on the kitchen bench as she passed one of the glasses to me.

I mumbled out a thank you before taking it and making my way back to the couch. Not hearing Demi's footsteps behind me, I turned my head back around to see her standing in the same spot, her eyes on my body.

Was she just checking out me out?

My heart skipped a beat when our gazes finally connected and her face went red, my face doing the same. I remembered in class when it was me looking at her ass all the time and mentally scolded myself when I realised how obvious I must have been.

I can't help but remember that time in the fire escape staircase when she told me about her date with a woman. There weren't many lesbians in this area, certainly not a lot that were out either.

Grabbing her own glass, she quickly shook off what had just happened and made her way towards where I am.

Sitting in front of me, she took the cotton and disinfectant and began to dab it onto my knee. "Are you gonna tell me what happened?" Demi continued cleaning the graze, not making eye contact with me and ignoring what had just happened, her voice monotone.

My brain whirled and I quickly remembered my planned explanation. "I tripped over while running here." It wasn't completely false.

"Why were you running?" She hurled the next question at me faster than I was able to come up with the rest, beginning to bandage my knee.

I hesitated, not knowing how to convince her. "Just... for fun." I tried to reassure her by smiling but she ignored it and I could tell she was studying my facial expressions.

"For fun." She retorted, repeating what I had said.

I nodded, not knowing what else to say which caused her eyebrows to raise. She wasn't buying it but no way in the world am I going to tell her what really happened.

I'd be putting her in danger. I can deal with getting beaten up every now and then by some douche boys. But if they did it to her, I wouldn't ever forgive myself.. and I'd probably end up in jail for killing them.

"I'm not convinced." She sighed and put everything down on the coffee table before sitting next to me again. She folded her arms and leant back onto the arm of the couch, facing her body towards me and waiting for my response.

"Well," I tried not to fumble my words, "That's what happened." I avoided her gaze and positioned my body towards the TV so I wasn't facing her anymore. I was scared I'd break if I didn't.

I heard her sigh again before heading back into the kitchen. There were a few minutes of silence before she broke it. "I'm gonna order in, what do you feel like?"

I thought for a second and shrugged my shoulders. I didn't really feel like eating at the moment. "I'm not hungry, just order what you want." As if on cue, my stomach rumbled, contrasting what I had just said.

"How does pizza sound?" She laughed slightly at the situation and I just nodded my head, realising only now I haven't eaten anything decent all day.

A few minutes passed of her ordering the pizza before she spoke up again. "I'm gonna take a quick shower, the pizza should be here in 10. There's money on the bench." She pointed towards the kitchen before smiling and walking up the stairs. "If you need anything just shout!"

I laugh a little to myself and get up from the couch, heading over towards the money. The least I could do is pay for dinner seeing as she's gone to the trouble of letting me stay here.

When the doorbell eventually rings, I thanks the delivery guy and hand him my own $20 note, letting him keep the change before closing the door and placing the pizza on the kitchen table. It smelt amazing.

If on cue Demi comes downstairs in track pants and a low cut t-shirt, making my heart skip a beat. She's so beautiful.