And then come and ease the pain

"Hi ma, hi dad." Niall hugs Maura then Bobby.

"How are you son?" Bobby smiles, he was happy to see his youngest son.

"I'm good, how are you? How was the flight?" Niall takes their luggage and leads them to his car.

"It was alright, and we've been good. We've missed you lots." Maura rubs his back.

"Yeah it's been a while since the last time we saw each other." Niall places the luggage in the back seat of his car, leaving space for Bobby to sit.

"Baby?" Maura asks after getting in the front seat and Niall starts driving.

"Yeah?" Niall side glances her.

"Where's Corey?" She asks the one question Niall was dreading the most.

"He's uh in Los Angeles," Niall chews on his lower lip, gripping the steering wheel tightly.

"What is he doing over there?" Bobby watches his son start to fiddle a lot, he knew something was up.

"Work. So, how's Greg? Theo? Denise?" Niall changes the subject. He couldn't tell them well not now at least.

"They're all okay, you know, Greg wanted to send Theo so he could see you but he's got nursery." Maura laughs.

"Aww I miss him. I miss all of them," He smiles sadly.

"They miss you lots as well. You should come and visit more often, it's almost been a year since that photo shoot you had over there. Since then you haven't come home." Maura sighs upset.

"I'm sorry ma, I've been so busy lately I haven't had any time." He instantly feels guilty.

"Oh it's alright son, we know how much you've been working. No worries, we have missed you s'all." Bobby pats his shoulder which made Niall feel slightly better.

..................................................

Once they arrive at Niall's flat he shows them the guest bedroom and gives them space to settle in, he tells them he'll be waiting in the lounge room. He waits patiently but his nerves get the best of him, he couldn't help but pace back and forth.

He had to tell them that he and Corey were no longer together. He starts getting annoyed at himself for being this nervous, it wasn't as if he was engaged to him or something, they were only dating and many relationships don't last. It wasn't that serious. They should be fine.

"What do you want me to make for dinner?" Maura asks as she walks into the room with Bobby behind her.

"Ma, you're my guests, I make dinner for you. Plus I don't have any food in the fridge." He blushes, he hasn't gone grocery shopping in so long.

"Oh honey," She shakes her head. "Takeouts aren't good for you bub, you need home cooked meals."

"I say we order some pizza," Bobby plops down on the sofa receiving a glare from Maura.

"I can do that," Niall chuckles and goes to find his phone. He asks his parents what toppings they wanted on their pizza before ordering it.

"When is Corey coming back?" Maura asks after Niall was done ordering.

"I'm not sure." Niall looks away from her. It's now or never. "Actually—"

"Go pay him a surprise visit, I'm sure he'll love that." Bobby winks.

"Oh uh.. no." He has to tell them now.

"No? Baby, I'm sure he would like that." Maura frowns.

"Eh well... he and I, we.." Niall takes a deep breath then let's it out slowly. "We're not together anymore." He shuts his eyes not wanting to see their reaction but when he hears a sob he immediately opens his eyes to see his mum crying.