XXV.

Previously:

The first part of the plan was done: we destroyed the base and obtained a battleship more powerful than the other from the Galra base. I also discovered the location of Lotor.

~

After the success of the mission, I left my ship after ordering my crew to go back to Olkarion for the upgrade. I had to make the trip alone because a battleship will be difficult to manipulate with so much fragments of rocks from Daibazaal. So I took a pod and search the planet by myself.

There were no sign of any form of life anymore, only a dead planet. I decided to land on the unsteady ground to analyze the composition of the rocks, searching for any pieces of information about the breach. After some time collecting rocks, I went back into the pod to check the whole planet once again.

To my surprise, I wasn't the only one. With my smaller pod, I easily hide behind some floating fragments of Daibazaal. There, two ships undoubtely Galra, but still different from those I've seen, went near a hidden place on the planet that I didn't saw earlier.

"What is that," I murmured when I discovered with a gigantic portal.

I had to hack their communications system to grasp the context and the use of that thing, because if it was a secret weapon developped to destroy, it could lead to our loss, especially with the size of it.

"Surely, if Pidge or Hunk were with me I could have enter their systems," I admitted when, despite all my efforts to hack them, I failed.

To my surprise, one of the ship began to glow as it approached the huge gate, and from my analyse, the ship was covered in such amount of quintessence that it was really glowing like crazy bedore losing its glow while approaching the thing. The ship entered the gate and disappeared for a few good minutes and reappeared.

Nothing happened. The ship settled on the planet and the crew members went out to observe the giant circle of something. It was then that I recognized Lotor, Zarkon's son and my target, with his crew members. I couldn't do anything, they were too strong as a group for me to take them down. Yet, it seemed that the crew wasn't as solid as I thought, especially when one of them shot Lotor.

They put the unconscious Lotor in one of the ship with the strongest of their member. I decided to follow them a bit. I guess I did the right thing since Lotor escaped with his ship after sending the poor girl flying in space.

As fast as I could, I activated the invisible-protection mode to follow Lotor. We flew in space for quite a time, without a problem, until a fleet of Galra attacked Lotor. And at this tile, I'm really grateful for my skill at driving because flying in a crossfire between Lotor and the Galra wasn't really an easy task. Just when we were safe again, ten battleships went after us. Lotor had the brilliant idea to head into an unstable star.

"Oh god, I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die," I said as I trailed him.

The radiation was so intense that a few of the Galra ship exploded, and I prayed that this pod will be safe. The cruisers were too heavy and so they crashed onto the Sun, only the main cruiser and a few other ships pulled back, letting me and Lotor escaped.

The entire Galra Empire wanted Lotor dead, at least that's what I understand with the attacks and the communication system between the Galra ship that I finally cracked. There were no place that wasn't searched for Lotor, except one: the planet IO 289.

IO 289 was really far away from the central command of the Empire and it  was a destroyed planet due to a rebellion that happened way before I was born. Only ruins and no living things were there. Perfect for hiding.