Chapter 2 - Training

After that, he leaves you alone in the garden. You decided to stay for a while to view the beautiful scenery of the flower bed but decided to head back and talk to Fran about the things that you still didn't know. You went to the elevator and push the button, friar lobby.

The elevator opened and you went to the operator to have a chitchat with Fran. As you got near, Fran noticed you and said that Julius has set a mission to you, "(y/n), Julius set you up on a mission."

You tilted your head "Eh, a mission?", you asked, "And what kind of a mission?"

"Oh, Julius said he wants you to learn how to use your god arc," Fran said happily, "You passed at the compatibility test, so you are required to visit the training grounds to undergo basic training. You will learn God Arc fundamentals and practice them on a sparring dummy." She explained.

"Hmm, I see..." You said, putting your hands below your chin, "Got it!"

Fran nods, "The Den is past the terminal to your right. But please, be careful out there." She waves at you, "Good luck."

You nodded and prepared yourself at the terminal by choosing a weapon at the loadout. After fixing yourself, you went to the training grounds, you were holding a (Choose your weapon: Short Blade || Long Blade || Buster Blade || Boost Hammer || Charge Spear || Variant Scythe) while walking, a huge door was shown in front of you as it opens. The place was wide and you could see Julius was watching you up behind the transparent glass.

"One of the most crucial tasks in any conflict is to understand your surroundings. Take a look around." You heard him said onto the speaker, observing you. You looked around at your surroundings and noticed that this is where you were first undergo your compatibility test. There are scars on the floor and a bullet holes in the wall, the scratches look like was done by a sparring dummy or an aragami.

"Good looking, now then focus straight ahead," You stopped looking around then focus yourself straight, "Alright, your keen eyes work well enough, next to movement."

You walk around then tried to run, surprisingly, the weapon that you chose wasn't really heavy, in fact, it was light but also a little heavy, you could get tired of running while holding it. "Those are two raised platforms there. Go ahead and climb them, if you will." You went to the raised platforms. The first one was raised high up and the second one was short. You chose the short one just in case you failed to climb.

'Do you think you can jump this with your huge blade, (y/n)?" You wondered, the platform was short but not too short. You gulped then closed your eyes. 'My jumping skills weren't that high,' You thought as you went far from the platform, then run as fast as you can while holding your god arc, 'Well I'll give it my shot!' when you got near, you jumped as you closed your eyes. You noticed that why are you still not landing on the floor or getting hit by the wall, you opened your eyes slowly to check what was happening.

Surprise! You saw yourself still in the air, your jump was too high than the short platform but not as high than the taller one, as you landed both of your feet. 'Woah. Did I jump that high? Being a God Eater is indeed amazing!' You said to yourself.

"Sometimes that difference in elevation can be the difference between the victory and defeat in the battle," Julius said. You jumped down and didn't feel any pain when you landed on the floor, 'Yep, truly amazing.'

You tried to run again to get used to it when the time comes if you are going to fight an aragami. "Always be too conscious on your stamina. Pushing too hard and losing out of breath in battle could end in death" He advice as you nodded.

"Let's get a quick warm-up in. Why don't you run around for a bit" He said to you, "Yes sir.", You replied as you continued running until you are out of breath.

"Excellent! Feeling good? Now on to the key of your life as a God Eater. Combat." He explained, "The weapon that you wield is a God Arc, the only tool capable of harming an aragami."

"There, you will see some mock-ups of aragami, for you test your blade upon. Fight them." He said as an aragami appeared. A small Aragami with a single eye, its body looks like it is wrapped in a dirty black bandage. You observed the aragami and it is unable to move on its own accord.

You tried to attack it when it shots you a fire and explosive timed Oracle attack from its eye, you dodge that attack. It shots you another attack and noticed that it has no other means of attack and is quite fragile. You run towards it and swing your blade, it took you 3 swings and the aragami died. This aragami is quite easy to exterminate.

"Your God Arc is more versatile than you might imagine. It can switch into range weapon. Gun-form." He said, "Transform your arc and fire at those simulacra!"

"Yes sir!" You transform your blade into a gun form as the same aragami appeared, then shoots it ,"Attack in gun form use oracle power. Always watch clearly to make sure you don't tire yourself out" You nodded as the aragami died.

"This are the absolute basic. Now go ahead and make use of them against the aragami before you!" Another one appeared as you attack it with the same movement. "Once you have mastered the training, you will join Blood out in the field. In real battle." He said as you already killed the aragami.

After the mission, you are in the friar lobby and went to the sitting area, as you got near, you saw a teenage girl with fair skin and slightly blue-black hair. Her hair has three yellow cross-barretes to hold it together, the front one is at the right side of her hair bang, the other two are behind her head, to hold her hair up and form the 'cat-ears'. Her eyes are coral pink. She was holding a food.

You sat in front of her when she noticed you, "Hey there! You were so freaking amazing out there today!" She greeted, "You're a newbie huh? I mean, new to this...Blood.....Special Force. You know what I mean."

"I'm Nana Kozuki, Cadet Second Class. Haha! I just got brought up too!" The young woman cheerfully said, "It's so awesome to meet you!" Then she started eating her food.

"So how was your training?" You asked.

"Hmm...It was...Well... Um....Not great.... exactly." She then looks at you, "What about yours?"

"Oh, I was a disaster," You said as you sigh, "Oh I was too! Phew I'm glad I'm not the only one."

"We're two peace, you and I. We should stick together." She smiled at you and then she started eating her food again really fast.

'Woah, this girl is really fast' You thought.

She finished her food, "Oh! By the way, as a token of our new found friendship..." She brought another food, "Tada! Sammich! It's my mom's secret-special-recipe! An amazing oden sandwich! Give it a try! Betcha love it" You accepted her present when she quickly stands up.

"Oops training starts any minute now! I almost totally zoned! Sandwich are the blessing and a curse!" She quickly pulled her huge bag of sandwich "Sorry, gotta run! See you soon!" She waved at you while she runs. Then stops, "Oh hey! I'll be really mad if you leave a single crumb! So enjoy! Hehe!" She yelled out as she continued to run.

Welp that's all for chapter 2, If you saw an error please tell me so I could fix it.

You know what I was planning on updating this after I finished my other story called Dead Detention, but I guess I'll manage my time on updating this.

Oh, by the way, have you heard that there is a new game coming out this year "God Eater 3"? I just saw the trailer and it was so cool! I am late at the news tho.