Chapter 3 - New friend

After talking to Nana, you ate the gift that she gave you as a form of friendship, oden sandwich, which is surprisingly delicious. You went up to talk to Fran, "It seems you did well last time around. When you're ready, I have next one for you," she said.

You accepted the mission, the mission was the same to the last one, "All right, please proceed to the den gate, it's over there on your right, at the end of the room." You simply nodded your head as you follow the direction that she gave.

You entered the training grounds and saw Julius above, watching you as always, "Let's have a brief, shall we?" He said calmly. A dummy aragami appeared in front of you.

"First, you must see where you stand. Slay this enemy, but be warned, it is stronger than your last opponent." The aragami's feature was different than the last one, this time, the aragami is also small but with a giant tail sporting an ogre-like face and started attacking you.

"When you can't avoid an aragami's strike, open your shield, it will disperse the damage." You nodded, the aragami jumps through your way and attacked you using his mouth to bite you but failed when you opened your shield as it blocks its sharp teeth. The aragami is still not done as it uses his giant tail and spins it, luckily, you still haven't put your shield down, as you completely blocking it's attack.

To your observation, the aragami seems to repeat his moves until it throws you a spike from his tail, as it continues, holding your shield while blocking the enemy's attack is making you so tired so you let down your shield to rest, but only seconds because the aragami attacked you from behind. You quickly dodge its attack but the aragami touches your arm as it creates a damage, you attacked back as you swing your (choose weapon) to the side for you to avoid the bite of the aragami.

As you swing your (choose weapon), the aragami quickly falls to the ground, without wasting any second, you immediately attacked the aragami while the creature's guard is down. You swing your (weapon) countless of times until the aragami died.

"You must always care for yourself. Healing does you no good if you've been knocked out." Julius advises, "Still healing does take time. The best way I've found to open up space is with a stun grenade. Now I want you to face the aragami once more."

An aragami appeared before you again, you picked a stun grenade to your pocket as you throw it to the aragami, it creates a light that blinded the aragami's eyes.

"Your god arc has another ability unique to these weapons," Your blood captain said, while the aragami was blinded by the stun grenade, you continuously attacked the creature until it dies, "It can devour your enemy and tear from them their oracle power."

Two aragami appeared, "By doing so, you gain a portion of their bestial strength. You become more powerful. When an opening appears. Devour your enemy then burst and slay the others arrayed against them."

You followed your blood captain's instruction as you turned your blade into predator style, the feature is like an aragami with a huge mouth, you devoured your opponent as you went into a burst, you feel like your body became lighter and faster, you run towards the aragami as you swing your (weapon), the impact of the blade was much stronger than the normal.

'Woah..' You thought.

Then you transformed your (weapon) into gun form, you shot the enemy with a bullet, the damage is stronger as you continuously shot it, your attack also becomes faster, burst doesn't make yourself powerful but also faster.

Burst also have a time limit, you can devour them again while in burst.

You defeated your enemy while in burst, "When you devour an aragami you have defeated, you will gain precious materials from its core."

"Such will enable further research to advance your equipment. It may be crude, but salvage all you can." He said calmly, "You can also collect materials that fall during battle."

You devoured the enemies core as you obtained materials, "For the sake of practice, some materials have been left in the training grounds. Hunt it down."

"Okay!" You nodded, the item that you obtained are three simulated item that came from the dummies core, "Training will end in 20 seconds."

You saw a 2 shining object at the corners of the training grounds as you went through them and collected it. You receive a one simulated item again and a simulated metal. "And with that, we conclude your basic training. You are now ready to join Blood Special Forces."

After the mission, you went to the sitting area and saw Nana resting, she waved at you and you waved back. You went closer to her as you two started talking about what happened to your previous missions. A young man with short blond hair and blue eyes. He wears a customized hat that covers most of his hair. He wears an orange and white small jacket with the collar extended outwards that covers over a black shirt with a gold-colored zipper, with striped black-and-white sleeves, and checked shoes entered at the base, humming until he noticed the both of you talking.

"Huh? I've never seen you two around before." The unknown guy said as he stared at you guys with a questioning look. You and Nana noticed the guy as both of you stand up.

"Hi, there!" Nana greeted.

"Oh! You're the new recruits everyone's talking about!" The figure said as he pointed his index finger towards you.

"Yes sir! We're both really excited to work with you sir!" Nana and you said as you bow as a sign of respect.

"Sir?... That has a nice ring to it!" He said with a laugh. He went to sit in front of you and introduced himself, "My name's Romeo. If there's anything you need to know, I'm your guy. Ask away."

"I'll tell you one thing, though. Blood is though! So you'd better be ready to give it your all."

"What's this blood power?" You asked him with a straight face.

"Er...well, good question! Hmm.." He puts his hand on his chin, "Basically it's this thing and lets you learn a special skill aaaand yeah. Our captain's really incredible" He explained.

"That's so cool! So can you tell us about your special skill sir, Romeo, sir?" Nana asked with excitement, you just silently listened to the conversation.

"H-hey come on! Don't ask that kinda thing. I-it's not easy to get a special skill! Kinda personal." He faintly smiled, "Oh! I know! Why don't you ask Dr. Rachel. She's the one who founded the blood." He stands up, "Hehe, see yah!" and said goodbye as he walks away. The two of you stared at his back as his figure disappeared.

"H-Huh, Is the question and answer time over already?" Nana question, and looks at you "Did I ask something I shouldn't have?"

You shook your head as no, "No, I don't think so. He said to ask him anything...."

"Hmmmmmmm...."

__________________________________

Welp that's it for the update, tell me if I have any mistakes so I could fix it for you.

Wow I got ranked 7 in god eater