Visions

1 - Will p.o.v. (set three months after the snow-ball, and it's school holidays currently, school goes back in a week.)

Everything was fine. I was just enjoying my dinner of warm steak and mash. Then it came, and this time it was very strong. It felt so real, and I was so scared. I felt like I was there, not as in a shallow, unimportant hallucination, but it were as though I were there, back in that terrible place of nightmares and torment. This time it was for real.

Lately I have been suffering through more visions, each one more intense and horrifying than the last. These visions, or flashbacks, show the upside down. Lucas had mentioned a few months ago how I had received 'true sight', or something strange like that. It means that I have the ability to see through our dimension to the upside down. Of course, I don't actually travel there. I remain in our dimension, but it's like my mind goes there all by itself, without my knowledge or consent.

I can feel a vision coming on. It is strong, and cold. I feel scared, and I can tell that my heart rate is going up and up. I don't know how much longer I can stand. I fall to the floor as blackness clouds my vision. The light flashes before my eyes, and I savour the light. Then it's gone. I hear an ominous rumbling in the distance, and small, icy snowflakes fall past my face. I'm here. I swear I can hear whispers on the chilly breeze. I cannot make out what they are saying, but I can tell it's bad. More rumbling is growling at me in the distance. Slime and goo ooze out of a fleshy wall next to me. But suddenly it is eerily quiet. I can't hear anything except the thumping in my chest and the blood roaring in my ears. Everything is blue, and dark. Then I hear a scream.

I wake up, gasping for breath. "Mom! Mom, please!" I yell down the stairs. I am lying on the floor. I cannot move, my whole body is clenched from shock. I hear thudding up the stairs.

"I'm here, baby! It's okay. I'm here." I can vaguely make out the comforting sound of my mother's voice. I start to sob into her lap. I can't help myself. "The visions. The visions. The visions..." I repeat the same words over and over, and I can't stop. It's like I am a broken record, playing the same old song, again and again. I can't remember much. "What happened, Will?" She asks nervously. "I-I don't know. All I remember is coldness. And dark. Freezing. Rumbling, a flash. Scream." I repeat those words some more. "It's okay, it's okay, You're back now from that terrible place. Nothing will ever happen to you again." My mother's voice soothes me. I start to fade off into a deep sleep.