We're in This Together

I latch onto her arm, and cry. I sob into her, and we hug. "Why are you here?" She asks simply. I gulp, scared to tell her the truth about my very realistic true sight visions.

"Well, I keep on getting these... these visions." I tell her nervously. She nods.

"They take me here, and I think it's called "true sight", where I can see into the upside down. It's not like I can go there on command, my mind just... just goes there without me knowing, then I black out. It all feels too real, like it is actually happening, but in actual fact, it's just my mind that goes there, not my body. So basically, I have similar powers to you." I finish quickly.

She smiles in amazement. "We're in this together." She utters.

We break apart our hug, and agree to search the area for a possible form of human life. I suggest it is safer to stick together, but Eleven shakes her head. "No." I sigh, but nod in agreement. "Okay, I'll go this way, and you can go this way, and we will meet up at the back of school, okay?" I say. "Yes." She replies. I take a deep breath, give her one last hug, and set off on my journey.

A shriek echoes throughout the broken blue realm. "Help!" It yelled. I panicked. I look behind me, but Elle was gone. I start running around like a headless chicken, not knowing where to go or what to do. "Help me! Help!" I hear it again. It sounds like a female. I slow my breathing, and try to rely on my common sense. I follow the sound of the voice, running through the hallways of the upside down hallways of school, sprinting through the park, then back to school. Suddenly an ear splitting screech resonates through the area. I listen, and it seemed close. "I'm coming!" I yell. I run and run, trying to locate the voice. What I find in a small alleyway of the school a few metres away is a body. A towering shape is hovering over the distorted figure, making rumbling noises. It turned around. Faceless. A demogorgon.

The beast lunges at me, spitting drops of blood onto my face and arm. It roars in my ear, while I try to slash it with my nails. All I can see is a blur of darkness, flesh, and blood all surrounding me in a whipping storm of terror. I glance over at the body, lying a few paces away from me. It looks like a girl, by age or so, lying unconscious. Trepidation sinks in as I wonder what this Demogorn might have done to this small figure.

I drag myself over to the body, wrapping my arms around their fragile ribcage. I don't have time to examine her for any cuts or wounds, I just grab the girl and run. While I glance away, the beast has time catch up to me, to gain control over my poor fighting and stands tall over me. Blood roars through my ears, and I try in desperation to kick the creature off me. I slash, kick and punch with all my might. Nothing works. Suddenly I feel a sting in my cheek. One moment I am conscious. The next I can feel myself fading away. Blackness and seeping blood covers my vision. "Eleven!" I scream out with dying hope. Then I am gone.