Chapter 10: Ah shayt, really?!

AN: So here's the week's chapter. I'm sorry to say that I won't be writing another one to compensate for last week. I didn't have time. There will be a message at the last part.

Iso's POV

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I silently follow the others down the flight of stairs. Half of my classmates were sent back up to the village cause of their injuries.

We were only about 30 people left including Eadwulf and his knights. Ahead of us were two ways again. One forward and the other to the right.

Aimi looked back at Eadwulf. "I think we should take the one forward"

"Why do you think so?" I heard myself spoke before I can think about it. Well it's there so I should at least listen to her answer.

Instead, Eadwulf's voice resounded. "I don't think so. My 'Monster Recognition' skills is tingling in that direction. I say we take the path on the right"

We made our way to right as I saw Aimi follow us from behind with her head down.

I kept myself busy by being alert looking for any signs of enemies. I stagger walking forward trying to keep up with the others. My legs limp as they still hurt from the previous fight. Aimi soon caught up to me. She looks at me with concerned eyes.

"You know, if you can't continue, you could have returned with the others" She crossed her arms as she slows down to keep pace with me.

I forced out a small laugh. "I think I already said that I'm fine though."

"With your hobbling legs and pained face, you sure look fine."

"Don't worry. My legs said that it will be kicking the butt of our next enemy."

"I think your legs would be disappointed if the enemy is killed by my arrow." Looking back at us, Jason joined our conversation. Slung in his back was a quiver of arrows. In his hand was a finely carved bow with magical arrays inscribed.

He raised his bow and pulled the drawstring, shooting an imaginary arrow. "Why'd you choose to stay anyways, Iso?"

The question caught me off guard. I haven't really thought about that. "Don't you like my company?" and we shared a laugh.

I closed my mouth after that. We continued walking down as I dive into my own thoughts.

Why did I want to stay? I didn't really want to help the village. I certainly don't want to face more monsters. So why did I stay behind?

A movement stopped my train of thoughts. Eadwulf was gesturing for us to see what was in front. There were three doors, each one made with something metal.

Something draw me to the middle one. I feel that I should open it. I feel it is the right path.

I slowly made our way to the middle one while Eadwulf grumbles to himself. I was fascinated by the design of the door. I don't why I haven't notice it before but drawn symbols are now there. Must be the trick of the light when I haven't noticed it.

I raised my hand towards it, eager to touch it, to open it. I feel something's nagging at me, a sound maybe, but I ignore it. I continued walking forward the door. I feel something touching me, stopping me, holding me down, but I shake it off, fighting to go towards that door.

The moment I touch the door did I realize that Eadwulf and the others were calling my name. That was when I realize they were stopping me from whatever I was doing. That's when I realize the symbols rapidly turning to dark red magic arrays.