Part 15

"So you told me before that you got in the music industry because you used to play with your brother and sister. Where are they?" Matt asked, tilting his head to the side. 

I gave a nervous laugh as I looked around the restaurant. 

It was a nice restaurant. 

It was near my house because Matt didn't want me to have to drive too far since its late. 

The restaurant was nice. 

Classy and quiet, but still romantic and laid back. 

I've never been here before because Ryan doesn't like taking me out much. 

He says all I need is to be home. 

Matt leaned forward and reached for my hand. 

"If its a sensitive subject we don't have to talk about it. Sorry for bringing it up." Matt said. 

"No, I'm sorry. I totally zoned out. I got into music initially because of my brother. He always told me I had a good ear for talent and I would make it big." I said with a warm smile. 

"He was right. You're an amazing music producer and you're a great person." Matt said. 

I smiled, looking down as I blushed. 

"You do that a lot, you know." He said, setting his drink back down and he leaned back in his chair. 

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

"Whenever you get a compliment. You smile and look down, like you don't believe what they're telling you." Matt explained. 

I laughed nervously. 

He is extremely attentive. 

I didn't expect him to pick up on as much as he has. 

"I'm just shy. Not used to getting compliments." I said honestly. 

"And why is that?" He asked, leaning forward, genuinely interested. 

"Compliments were something I only got from my family. I don't see them much anymore." I said quietly. 

"Why don't you? Family is important. And they are always there." Matt said. 

"I know. Our relationship is just strained since I got with my boyfriend." I said quietly. 

"Your family doesn't like him?" Matt asked. 

"Not particularly, no." I said. 

"Why is that? Did he do something they wouldn't approve of?" Matt said leaning forward, looking me in the eyes. 

The way he was looking at me was intense. 

Like he was trying to pull the truth out of me.

"They've just never gotten along." I said, leaving it at that. 

"Whens the last time you saw your family?" Matt asked quietly. 

"Four years ago." I said in a whisper. 

Matt looked at me not saying anything. 

"I'm sorry Bella." He said. 

"For what?" I asked. 

"For the problems your having without your family. Because they don't get along with your boyfriend, you don't get to see them anymore. It sucks, and I'm sorry." Matt said. 

"I appreciate it, Matt. But I don't want you to worry about it. It's not your problem." I said with a small smile. 

"Your my friend, and I take care of my friends. So it is my problem." Matt said. 

I smiled softly. 

"Your a sweet guy Matt. You know that?" I asked. 

"I've been told once or twice. Always ready for compliments though." He said with a grin. 

I smiled and couldn't help the laugh. 

It was so easy to be around him. 

I didn't have to worry, or be scared something bad would happen. 

Matt would always protect me. 

That's just the kind of guy he is. 

We spent hours at the restaurant, just talking and laughing. 

When dinner was over, me and Matt walked out of the restaurant. 

Matt was right next to me, walking me to my car. 

"I had a really good time, Matt. Thanks." I said with a smile. 

"No problem. Your a great person and I love talking to you." Matt said with a small smile. 

"Thanks Matt. You really are a good friend." I said. 

He grinned again, his dimples showing. 

Matt leaned in towards me and my breath hitched in my throat. 

Matt looked deep into my eyes as he continued to move closer towards me. 

He was an inch away from my face when he moved to the side, and hugged me. 

He held me tightly against him and I breathed in deeply. 

I felt so many emotions just in that one hug. 

When we pulled apart, Matt smiled and gave me a kiss on the cheek. 

"Good night Bella." Matt said softly. 

"Good night Matt." I said back. 

He smiled and opened my car door for me. 

I got in and buckled my seat belt. 

"Drive safe." He said softly. 

"You too." I said with a smile. 

As I drove away, Matt got smaller and smaller until I couldn't see him anymore. 

I couldn't stop smiling the entire way home.