Prologue

INTRO:
I do not own any of the characters written in The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare. Very few of these characters were made up by me.

This will contain spoilers for Romeo and Juliet! If you haven't read it yet and you would like to, I would HIGHLY recommend you do that before you read this. If you haven't yet, and have no plans to, then proceed.

There will be a list of the cast, to which I will point out which characters are mine, leaving the rest NOT MINE.

I will only take a portion of each scene and include it into the chapter, which is one per scene. I will provide a summary of the previous part, explaining what had happened before I set the scene. I will also explain what they're talking about right after, because Shakespearean writing can sometimes be difficult to comprehend.

There WILL BE SMUT.

There is your one and only warning. You cannot tell me I didn't warn you. I will not be warning you before each chapter.

Thank you for reading, please give this book a chance! I've been working really hard on this and I'm really excited for this to release!

Harry's POV
Prologue

I watched Mrs. Smith walk in with a thick folder. Around 100 students were seated in the navy blue theatre chairs, all seeming anxious.

Of course we were anxious. We were trying out for our school play, which was something our school was known for. They were always well prepared and almost perfect everytime. The director, Mrs. Smith, took her time to select each character.

This year I was going out for Romeo. I really hoped my Juliet would be beautiful, and would be easy to kiss.

"Alright students, pay attention! Up here!" She called. Everyone's eyes were on her. "First rule! I will not accept you if you have stage fright. It's something everyone has to overcome personally and I will not waste my time to make sure you're perfectly fine up on the stage when you should be trying out. Please, kindly leave if you cannot handle possibly being on a stage for a soliloquy."

Silence.

"Alright! Now that that's settled, I will be taking you alphabetically by first name. I would like to learn you by your name, not your last name, so I did it that way. Any questions?"

Silence.

"You guys are quiet. If you want to be a theatre kid, you better be speaking up sometime soon." She exited the stage and came back around and sat at her desk.

"Anna Eitel! You're up."

🎭 🎭 🎭

"Harry Styles!"

Nervously, I walked onto the stage, standing in the center. "I'm going to be reading lines 1 through 73, in Act II Scene ii."

Mrs Smith cleared her throat after finding the pages. "You may begin."

"He jests at scars that never felt a wound.
But soft! What light through yonder window breaks?
It is the east, and Juliet is the sun.
Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon,
Who is already sick and pale with grief,
That thou, her maid, art far more fair than she.
Be not her maid since she is envious.
Her vestal livery is but sick and green,
And none but fools do wear it. Cast it off!
It is my lady. Oh, it is my love.
Oh, that she knew she were!
She speaks, yet she says nothing. What of that?
Her eye discourses. I will answer it.—
I am too bold. 'Tis not to me she speaks.
Two of the fairest stars in all the heaven,
Having some business, do entreat her eyes
To twinkle in their spheres till they return.
What if her eyes were there, they in her head?
The brightness of her cheek would shame those stars
As daylight doth a lamp. Her eye in heaven
Would through the airy region stream so bright
That birds would sing and think it were not night.
See how she leans her cheek upon her hand.
Oh, that I were a glove upon that hand
That I might touch that cheek!"