Act I Scene iv

Juliet had previously promised her mother that she'd look at Paris, and that's all for now. (This is not my summary. From now on, I will be copying and pasting SparkNote's summaries into the beginning of each chapter for each scene I am focused in on. This way, I will not have to have the reader(whoever that may be) go online to find it in the middle of reading. I am in NO WAY claiming this as my writing.) The beginning of Scene 4, Romeo, Benvolio, and their friend Mercutio, all wearing masks, have gathered with a group of mask-wearing guests on their way to the Capulets feast. Still melancholy, Romeo wonders how they will get into the Capulets feast, since they are Montagues. When that concern is brushed aside, he states that he will not dance at the feast. Mercutio begins to gently mock Romeo, transforming all of Romeos statements about love into blatantly sexual metaphors. Romeo refuses to engage in this banter, explaining that in a dream he learned that going to the feast was a bad idea. Mercutio responds with a long speech about Queen Mab of the fairies, who visits peoples dreams. The speech begins as a flight of fancy, but Mercutio becomes almost entranced by it, and a bitter, fervent strain creeps in. Romeo steps in to stop the speech and calm Mercutio down. Mercutio admits that he has been talking of nothing, noting that dreams are but the children of an idle brain." Benvolio refocuses their attention on actually getting to the feast. Romeo voices one last concern: he has a feeling that the nights activities will set in motion the action of fate, resulting in untimely death. But, putting himself in the hands of he who hath the steerage of my course, Romeos spirits rise, and he continues with his friends toward the feast.

Act I Scene iv                                                                                                                                                  Thursday

Harry (Romeo): Give me a torch. I am not for this ambling;
Being but heavy, I will bear the light.

Niall (Mercutio): Nay, gentle Romeo we must have you dance.

Harry (Romeo): Not I, believe me. You haver dancing shoes
With nimble soles; I have a soul of lead
So stakes me to the ground I cannot move.

Niall (Mercutio): You are a lover. Borrow Cupid's wings
And soar with them above a common bound.

Harry (Romeo): I am too sore enpierced with his shaft
To soar with his light feathers, and so bound
I cannot bound a pitch above dull woe.

"Well Harry, that was wonderful!" Niall complimented me. Just as I was to respond, Troy approached us.

"Hey you two. Guess we have a lot of stage time together, huh? I know you, Harry, but what's your name?" Troy asked, gesturing towards Niall.

"'Ey there, I'm Niall," he responded, shaking his hand firmly.

"I'm Troy, nice to meet you. You're quite the funny lad, even off resighting lines," Troy said.

"Well, I am Irish, so I get a wee bit of me humor from me family," Niall responded (in purposefully heavy Irish), shooting him a toothy grin.

"Troy, would you, by any chance, know of Louis, the one who plays Juliet?" I asked him.

"Nah, I don't believe we have any scenes together at all. Sorry mate. I best be going, good luck! Kissing tomorrow, aren't you a lucky lad?" Troy joked, winking as he left.

"He's right, you know," Niall conversated.

"Right about what?"

"You being a lucky lad. Howbeit, isn't it your first kiss?"

"No, my first kiss wouldn't be to a boy," I quickly snapped. Niall and I both knew it was going to be my first kiss. He laughed at this anyways, even if I tried to be as serious as possible.

🎭🎭🎭

Niall, Troy, and I had made a group chat to practice lines. Mrs. Smith had told us to make a whole group chat of the play to organize events and planning, and even get everyone's number to make more practice chats if we wanted. I was okay with this, but I wasn't totally sure about texting Louis lines. I hadn't met him, yet I'll have to be texting him constantly for practice.

Chat between Niall, Troy, and Harry:

Ni(rish)all: True, I talk of dreams;

Ni(rish)all: Which are the children of an idle brain,

Ni(rish)all: Begot of nothing but vain fantasy;

Ni(rish)all: Which is as thin of substance as the air,

Troy: Oi, I'm tired, can you hurry up and stop sending them as separate texts? Please?

Ni(rish)all: Oh hush. You're just jealous my part is much better.

-Yes, that'd be fantastic if you could do that. I'm getting bored over here. 😫

Chat between Liam and Harry:

Liam: Heya Harry. niall told me today that you asked troy about louis, is that right?

-Yes, it is. I don't know anything about him and I have to kiss him tomorrow!!! 😫

Liam: Okay, I get you're nervous, but I met him yesterday!

Liam: great guy, really. he's a wee bit shy but he's smart

-That's good to hear, thanks. I'll see you tomorrow, goodnight!

Liam: goodnight hazza

-😑