Threats and Questions; Chapter Five

He then drove himself away from the steering wheel and pounded his hands onto mine, holding me down and forcing me still against the railing. Anger was radiating from him, and I could feel his hot breath on my face.

•A MIRACULOUS FANFICTION•

_______.•*+*•._______
MARINETTE'S POV

My breathing quickened and I tried with all my strength to lift my wrists and escape, but his hands were locked in place, his knuckles getting dangerously white.

"You want a reaction out of me, Marinette? You want me to tell you you're not aloud to bunk with whoever you want? You really want me to tell you who you have to sleep with at night?! Don't push me Marinette, this is my ship. And on my ship, we live with my rules. I'm giving you a slice of freedom Marinette, don't push it." He muttered coldly, pressed his forehead forcefully against mine, his own cold sweat rubbing onto me.

"He can look at you however he wants. I can't stop him from staring, but I can stop myself if I want. I may be jealous, I may not be. But that is because you are mine. A prisoner does not have the right to speak to it's Captain like you just have, and I might have to punish you for it." He grunted, and stared at me with dead, cold, green eyes.

I sealed my lips together and huffed angrily, staring at him back. "What can you do to me, Mr. Agreste? Touch me and I swear, you will suffer the wrath of a thousand drowned sailors." I told, my eyebrows dipping low towards each other.

He chuckled sickly and moved one of his hands to lift my chin. "Mutters of fishtale nonsense won't spook me," he muttered. "Although-"

I wasn't listening after that, not for a single word. I thought out my plan in my head as his sentence about his fearless Pirate persona rolled on, then I took action. I ripped a strained hand away from his grasp, and used my newly freed limb to slap him as hard as I humanly could.

He stood dead still, head forced to the side from my strike. A red hand print was forming on his cheek and his eyes were beginning to boil over with anger, so I ran. My hand stung a bit and he drawled back, ghosting his cheek with his fingertips before groaning angrily.

"Ugh... wait, SHE'S ESCAPING!" He boomed, wincing as ran down the steps after me. Rose was the first one to come out, and she immediately grew conflicted.

She was the first one to know that I hated it here and full heartedly deserved to leave, but Adrien was the only one carrying her a job.

Juleka, Alya, then eventually, the rest of the crew poured out. I was close to the edge of the boat when Max took a bold dive and snagged my ankle, stopping my mobility. Alya chased him down and jumped on him, releasing his grip on me and allowing me to run closer to my goal.

So close, so close-

I jumped over the side of the boat when I looked up to see Nathaniel's light-toned hand wrap around my wrist. I began to struggle when I saw Juleka and Rose yanking and pulling on his arm, the girls trying to pry me free, Nathaniel trying to pull me up.

I increased my upper body strength and began to struggle and squirm, the only thing separating me and the water, my home, my friends, my family;

A stupid twenty foot air gap and Nathaniel's wussy grip.

I then heard a "TO THE LEFT" and a "LET GO NATH" as I fell from the ship's side.

So many thoughts crossed my mind.

My family and friends,

I was going home.

I could sleep on my coconut crab mattress again,

and I could see Tikki!

And Mom, and Dad! I-

I then felt a dream-crushing thud. My head slammed onto a seat board upon one of the safe boatsw. My vision began to blur as I began to cry and slip into darkness, all I could see was being brought back up to the star-speckled sky and arms reaching out to grab me.

The Next Morning:

I woke up the next morning in a bedroom I'd never seen before. I was laying on another rug, but this one was rougher and itchier. Definitely a man's choice of furnishing, yet, who's..

I slowly sat up, my ears ringing in a pitch that made me want to rip them off. I could hear the distant voice of a man and a woman arguing, and turned to face the direction of the noise: A door. The words began to make more sense as I rubbed my temples, groaning out in utter pain;

"Why is she in your room, Adrikins?!"

"The 'dungeons' aren't fit to help a living thing survive, Chloe. Nothing happened."

"Adrikins, you know you could do better than a girl like her," my eyes began to adjust on the people before me. I saw Chloe literally throw herself onto Captain Adrien and her voice, attitude and posture changed. I could tell all of this from the thin stain-glass window embedded in the door, and imagery began to sprout in my mind.

"We could do so much better~" She husked, but he simply just removed her, entered the room, and slammed to door in her kiss-ready face. He turned around to see me and smiled. "You're awake, finally, it's like 10 AM." He joked sarcastically.

"Don't act like we're little buddies after last night." I spat.

"I've decided to overlook your little mental breakdown and move on, are you okay with that?" He sneered, trying to hide his guilt as much as possible, and I sighed.

"You're still not going to let me go then, huh?" I muttered, and he squatted down next to where I sat, lifting my chin up with his fingertips to meet his gaze.

"Marinette, as much as I hate to tell you, you're never leaving this boat. You have failed your past two attempts. Now get dressed, or don't, it's a lazy day." He then released me and left with the fakest of grins applied to his features, leaving me to sob to myself.

=+•+=

Oh my goodness guys, 100+ reads? Thank you?? 💖💖
I'm sorry this chapter was short, my grip on the plot was loosening within my grasp.

I'm over it though! See you next time!
Juni out!~

{1093 Words}