Threats and Warnings; Chapter Ten

•A MIRACULOUS FANFICTION•

_______.•*+*•._______
MARINETTE'S POV

Sighing, I laid back down on the bed. Adrien laid next to me, gently resting his hands above his head. I held myself, turned away from him, still feeling confused and scared. We fell asleep together last night while he was comforting me, holding me close and letting me cry into his soul. I needed it, and he's the only one in the world who would give it to me.

"Marinette, even if he's being serious, he wouldn't dare tell anyone. Do you remember what I told you last night?" Adrien turned to me and wrapped his arms around mine, hugging me from the behind. I felt his aura lift mine, making me feel warm and good in his presence.

His breath tickled the back of my neck as I spoke; "It's not just that. He's leaving your crew because of us. Because of me. Don't you want him back? He's been with you for years-" he cut me off by leaning over me and kissing my cheek, to which I stopped talking to blush.

"Marinette, my moon, my stars, my world, if he dare lay a finger on you, I'll put my whole fist in his face." He muttered, running his fingers through my midnight-blue hair. I smiled, my blush settling onto my cheeks without a care.

"Aww, you love me~" I cooed through my groan as I stretched my arms overhead. I got up to start changing, but quickly remembered the Captain behind me.

"I'm gonna change clothes." I stated.

"I'm aware." He replied.

"Go in the bathroom or something!!" I commanded, beginning to fluster.

"You know, Marinette, I'm really tired. I'm afraid I can't." He cooed back.

"Then I will. You're a pervert." I teased, grabbed a dress, and carried myself into the bathroom. I could hear his jokingly disappointed groan as I shut the door.

I came out changed in my favorite dress that Adrien had bought me a week ago at the crew's last Market Day. The day I might have started falling for him, I'm still not that sure. The past week has been a blur of emotion for me, and I can't quite wrap my head around it all. All I know is that I'm happy where I am, as I should be.

"C'mon lazy, it's market day!!" I cheered. He looked at you me.

"Are you forgetting that last Market Day you were almost kidnapped? And that Nathaniel is gone now, and that we don't know what he's up to or where he is?" He reminded me, dragging himself out of bed.

"I didn't forget! We should simply make the most out of the day so we don't have to think about it! Plus, who just assured me 'he would never tell anyone'?" I beamed, but he entrapped me in another hug from the back.

"I think you should stay on the ship. Just to make sure you're safe." He muttered into my neck. I gave him a smile to show my acceptance, and he turned me around, lifted my head to his face and gave me a final kiss before leaving for the Market. "I hate to leave you all locked up, Princess, but it just gives me reassurance. Promise you won't escape?"

"Promise." I giggle, placing a hand where my heart is.

"Then I'll see you in hours to come." He bows, then leaves with a grin. My prince, I his princess. I blushed and laughed, waving at him as he left the boat.