9

Thank you so much for 6k already <3

•••

As soon as frank walked into history, he found himself smiling at Gerard, who was nose deep in his sketchbook. He walked over to him, watching his emotions change with nearly each stroke of the pencil. Frank dropped his bag down next to the seat in front of Gerard, making him jump and slam his notebook shut quickly. Frank was curious and peered over the cover before looking up at Gerard who was blushing like mad.

   "What was that?" Frank asked with a smirk, pointing towards Gerard's notebook. He sat down and faced him.

"Fuck off, Iero." He snapped but hid a grin. Frank smirked and ran is index finger over the cover even though Gerard's hand had a death grip on keeping it shut.

   "What were you sketching?"

   "Nothing."

   "Was it me?"

   "No." Gerard denied. Frank smiled before lightly running his fingers over Gerard's clenched up hand.

   "Gee, please show me babe." Gerard just shook his head, blushing even deeper at the name. He picked up the journal and shoved it into his jacket before zipping it up. He propped his elbows on the desk and rested his chin on his hands, smirking at frank.

"Can't get it now, can you?"

"Don't think I won't try." Frank grinned before quickly unzipping Gerard's jacket and pulling the journal out.

"Frank!"

"Let's not act like this wasn't an excuse for me to undress you." Frank smirked but Gerard started to panic, ignoring the statement completely.

"Frank please!" He whined, reaching for the journal. He was basically begging and pleading frank to give it back. That wasn't just a sketchbook Frank was holding, it was Gerard's fucking life story. Everything bad that has ever happened to him, was inside that journal one way or another. Whether it was a sketch, a poem, anything. But it was definitely in there. Because he remembered so many sleepless nights staying up to get his emotions out. To find the perfect words or the perfect lines to write down. It was basically his life's work, and frank was holding it like some sixth grader's lunch money.

"Frank please." Gerard really didn't want to tear up, it was extremely bad for his image. But he was desperate, he'd do anything for frank not to open it.

Anything.

"This old thing?" Frank teased. He held the cover like he was going to open it but when he looked back to Gerard, he noticed the panic in his eyes. He noticed how fucking terrified he was. And it made him feel guilty.

"Hey, Gee," He soothed, handing back to Gerard. The older took it and held it tight, breathing deeply and trying to calm himself down from having yet another panic attack. "It's okay. I was just messing with you. I'd never open it without your permission."

And he meant that. He knew it meant a lot to Gerard, he'd have to be a major dick to do that to Gerard.

And frank wasn't a dick.

He was kind, or he thought so at least. He was treating Gerard with respect, wasn't he? He gave back the notebook and he was comforting him. He was pretty happy with himself.

   "Promise?" Gerard asked. Frank nodded.

   "Pinky promise." Frank held out his pinky finger and Gerard smiled down at it before clasping his own. The guy who talked to frank about half a week ago, he was staring at them. Mostly at frank. Gerard didn't notice, he just stayed in his own little world. Frank stared back at the guy, Haydn was his name, and he locked his fingers with Gerard's. Frank turned to face him, now smiling.