Let Go × Chapter XVII

- Jinyoung POV -

*hicc

"Pour me more" I said raising my glass.

The sound of the bottle clinking my glass gave me a sense of relief

Each clink meant forgetting that I ever saw Thoese two.

"A girls got you down?" The bartender asked.

"Yeah, she lost her memories and is currently dating my coworker now"  the bartender slid me another drink.

"On the house" he said going back to cleaning glasses.

"Thanks" I said snatching it off the counter.

She forgot me, she forgot us I thought

"Jinyoung!" Someone shouted before I felt a forceful pull spining me around.

"Are you drunk?!" Even though things were still blurry I'd recognize her displeaseing face anywhere.

"Nayeon....why are yo-" she shushed me and took the glass out of my hands

"I'm here to take you home" she said paying the bartender.

"You Don't *hicc have too" I said leaning against her unable to fully control my legs or weight.

"uh sure, come on" we made our way to her car.

I could feel the car start up and put my seat belt on. She began driving and I leaned my seat back staring at the gray ceiling.

"Why where you drinking? Is it because of......jisoo?" I sighed and pulled my seat back up.

"Stop pretending like you care I'm heartbroken. I know you nayeon" I said.

"I do care jinyoung" hearing this from her is no surprise.

"Your just using this.... The situation - me losing jisoo, your using it to get to me" I noticed her arms tense up.

Im right.

"Why can't you just be with me" she asked as tears streamed her face.

"I can't be with the women who used my family's death as a way to make me fall in love with them" I began recalling the past.

"You said. That my familys death was the best thing that could have happened" she fell silent.

"Because I was weak at the time. You used it and your trying to use it now with jisoo" we reached a red light.

"I'm telling you know nayeon, I'm willing to wait and fight for jisoo because I love her in every way" I said.

"In every way I could never love you" the light turned green and she started driving again.

Silently we arrived back to the dorms.

She never spoke a word, never told me goodbye.

"Let go, let me go" I said closing the door.

Does she finally understand. Or did that fuel her even more?

At this point I don't care
I opened the door to our dorm and watched her drive off.

Jisoo I miss you.