notice

Jimin wandered into their shared room and saw that the bathroom light was turned on. "Jungkook? Are you hungry?"

Silence. Jungkook didn't respond - he couldn't. He was so close to being caught by Jimin.

"I have leftover food in case you got hungry. Did you eat already?" Jimin asked.

Silence yet again. Jimin was growing curious on why Jungkook was ignoring him.

"Hey, you know it's pretty rude to ignore your hyung..." Jimin's voice trailed off.

"I... I'm sorry, hyung," Jungkook's weak voice rung throughout the room. "I just... spaced out for a little bit."

"Aww, it's okay, Kookie! Can you come out now? I missed you."

Jungkook's heart skipped a beat. He missed me? He rose up from where he was and opened the door. In front of him, Jimin was lightly smiling and holding the take out food for Jungkook to take.

"Why'd you ignore me?" Jimin pouted.

"I already told you, hyung. I just kind of spaced out." Jungkook nervously chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Well, don't do it again or else I'll have to punish you." Jimin joked as he put the take out food on a nearby dresser.

"Uh, of course, hyung. I won't do it again. Promise."

"Alright, Kook, but what were you doing in the bathroom?"

Jungkook started to panic. "I was... doing... no, I was-" He started to tear up. "Ji- no I mean hyung, I..." He just could not continue.

"Kookie..." Jimin stared at Jungkook, worry filled in his eyes. "Are you okay?"

As soon as Jimin finished his sentence, a waterfall of tears came streaming down Jungkook's face. Jungkook was most definitely not okay.

"I can't- Jimin I'm sorry-"

"Hey, hey, hey," Jimin softly shushed his younger friend. "What are you sorry for?"

"I don't-" Jungkook heavily breathed. "I don't know." I do know, I just can't tell you.

"Then don't cry and don't apologize if you've done nothing wrong." Jimin began to carefully wipe away Jungkook's tears. After the latter succumbed to quiet sniffles, the older male in the room titled Jungkook's face to look at him.

"Just know that if you ever need someone to talk to, I'll always be ready to listen," Jimin stated. "Do you understand?"

All Jungkook could do was nod. The closeness of both of their faces made the younger's face turn red.

Jimin gave the younger the softest and sweetest smile ever. "Aw, come here." He held out his arms and Jungkook eagerly embraced Jimin.

"Let's sleep together tonight, Kookie."

Jungkook almost passed out from happiness.