attention

After Jungkook got discharged from the hospital, everyone treated him like a king, especially Jimin. Their relationship was slowly healing, thanks to their confessions. Even though Jungkook always told Jimin that he had forgiven him, Jimin still felt guilty for treating the younger so poorly. To show that he truly is sorry, Jimin arranged a small date for the both of them.

"Hyung," Jungkook breathlessly called out to the male who was pulling him towards a restaurant. "Slow down... I wasn't going anywhere."

Jimin just chuckled at him. "So, I was thinking of bringing you here for lamb skewers, then late we can go get boba. Does that sound good to you?"

"Sounds perfect, Jimin-ah," the younger flashed his famous bunny smile.

The non-official couple were lead to a private area. There were red rose petals scattered on the floor, creating a pathway to a table that was covered with a white table cloth with a lit candle in the middle.

"You should've told me to dress nicely," Jungkook whined as Jimin pulled out his chair. "I look so underdressed."

"I think you look handsome everyday," Jimin sat down in his own chair. "You could be wearing a trash bag and you'd still look beautiful."

Jungkook's cheeks turned bright pink and mumbled a small thanks.

Shortly after, a waiter came to take their orders. Jungkook ordered lamb skewers and banana milk, while Jimin ordered kimchi stew, duck, and strawberry milk. The delightful sounds of laughter, teasing, and small chatter between the two men filled the room.

When they were finished eating, Jimin drove the both of them to the best boba shop in Korea. As the shorter male was sipping his sweet drink, Jungkook held out a small plate that held two ice cream mochis.

"Look, hyung!" he exclaimed as he held one of them next to Jimin's face. "It looks exactly like you!"

Jimin chuckled as he took the soft dessert and placed it in his mouth. "It tastes good," he murmured as he looked straight into the younger's eyes. "Just like you, Kookie."

Jungkook turned his head to hide his obvious blush and avoided Jimin's fierce gaze. Jimin reached across the table and made Jungkook face him.

"Aw, are you blushing?" he teased, watching in amusement as Jungkook nervously shook his head. "Eat your mochi before I do because I wanna bring you somewhere."

Jungkook complied and followed Jimin out the door. Once they reached their final destination, the Han River, the younger looked around in awe.

"Have you ever been here before?" Jimin asked.

"Nope," Jungkook paused before changing his answer. "Actually, I have. It was a long time ago, though. My older brother brought me here before he passed away."

Jimin hugged him when he heard how uneven his breathing became. "I saw him, hyung. He asked me if I would stay with him or go back to you. And obviously, I chose you, but I feel guilty for leaving him... again."

"When was this?" Jimin softly spoke, scared that he might say something wrong.

"When I was in the hospital," he replied. "It was when I thought I was completely dead. I didn't want to die, hyung. I came back because I wanted to stay here with you."

Jimin's eyes disappeared and formed into two small crescents at Jungkook's last sentence. They walked together hand-in-hand in silence, admiring the colorful lights above their heads.

The shorter male suddenly stopped and faced Jungkook. The latter gave him a confused look before he heard, "I brought you here for a reason, Kookie."

"To apologize? Hyung, I already forgave you."

"I know, and I'm thankful that you did. But that's not the real reason why I wanted to show you this place."

It was quiet for a few moments, the only sounds that anyone could hear were the gentle waves from the water below.

"Jungkook," Jimin began, looking at him directly in his doe eyes. "I'm really sorry for treating you so poorly. I was just very hurt about what you said to me the night I confessed. Honestly, I can't stop thinking about what would've happened to you if I was just a second too late. I promise I'll never hurt you again."

The way Jimin spoke with so much sincerity made Jungkook tear up. Just a few days ago, Jimin didn't want to do anything with him, but now they were holding hands and looking at each other with love.

Jimin took a deep breath before asking, "Will you, Jeon Jungkook, be my loving boyfriend?"

Jungkook dropped his head and let go of Jimin's warm, small hands. "Jimin-hyung..."

By now, Jimin wasn't nervous anymore, he was distraught. Tears started to well up in his eyes since he already knew he was about to get rejected very soon. Jimin was snapped out of his thoughts when he felt Jungkook's hands on his cheeks. He saw that his gaze was focused on the bottom part of his face. The next thing he felt were soft, gentle lips moving against his own.

Jimin closed his eyes and kissed back. No tongue, no groping, no gasping, no moaning, no frantic twisting of the head with lips crushing. But – it was just the most fantastic, endearing, sensuous kiss in the world. Both of them could feel the pure, passionate love radiating they had for each other. They pulled apart, trying to catch their breaths as they smiled at each other.

"Yes, Jimin-hyung, I will be your boyfriend," Jungkook finally answered.

Jimin sighed reassuringly, "I really thought that you were gonna reject me, Kookie."

"I would've been crazy to do that!"

"You are crazy!" Jimin joked.

Jungkook laughed as they began to walk again.

"I'm crazy in love with you."