Chapter 3

-Kuroo POV-

Another day over. Another day dying over my best friend. How you ask? His abs are the best abs I've ever seen. His smile is the purest thing in the world, his laugh sounding like one of an angel. Kindness flowing out of every word he says and the hugs that express more than words ever could. Another night that I'm thinking about how perfect Bokuto is and how I wish to make him mine and kiss him until I kissed every spot on his body.
'Ahhhh fuck' I whisper, knowing that Bokuto is asleep. I can't get over him at all.
How am I ever going to able to behave normal around him if I daydream about him if he's not in my view? Especially after how I pinned him to the ground today.
It's quite late. We went through the whole plan today and focused on every little detail, from which path we have to take to which colour our clothes have to be. I immediately proposed to wear black or dark green tops, because our mission is at night.  He agreed, which I'm actually terrified for. The tops need to fit tightly, so it won't get in our way, but I'll have to endure the constant presence of Bokuto's huge abs.

After cursing myself for thinking all those things, I get out of bed and walk outside. I really need some fresh air to clear my head. I take a seat on our balcony, after I got a beer out of the fridge. I gulp the beer down, hoping it would help me calming down.
I don't know how long I've been staring, but suddenly someone puts his hand in my hair and starts petting me.
'Hey bro, couldn't sleep either?' I'd recognise that voice everywhere, it was Bokuto.
I look up and see how his hair falls down over his eyes.
'Oh hi bro, yeah I couldn't sleep I guess...' I look away, to avoid that he sees that my cheeks turned a bright red.
'Is it because of our mission? If it's bothering you, we can move it to another day okay? I don't want to ruin your birthday.' He gives me a little sleepy smile.
'No bro, it's not that. I'm totally fine with the mission being on my birthday.' I feel the warmth in my cheeks disappear and look up to Bokuto.
We lock our eyes for a moment, before we both look away.
'It's still quite warm don't you think?' I ask to change the subject.
'Yeah.. it feels nice.' He responds, now gazing at the stars.
After a while gazing at the stars together we go to bed again to catch some sleep.
It really helped that I went out of bed, because as soon as my head hit the pillow, I fall asleep, resting for the upcoming day.

-two days later-

'HAPPY BIRTHDAY KUROO!!!' Bokuto jumps on my bed and starts yelling.
'WAKE UP BRO IT'S AN IMPORTANT DAY FOR YOUUUUU' I murmered and finally stand up.
'Thanks Bo' I respond sleepily.
We walk to the kitchen, where a cup of coffee and a little cupcake are waiting for me.
'Bro, you're too sweet' I say, giving him a hug.
'Bro, I wish I could give you more, but sadly you can't stuff yourself with cake today, we have our mission of course!'
I give him a quick smile before blowing the candle on the cupcake.
'This is enough for me bro, I'm already happy you made coffee' I smirked at him and took a sip.
'AH RUDE!' He yells 'I WORKED SO HARD TO GET TO THE BAKERY FOR A LITTLE CUPCAKE, WITHOUT WAKING YOU AND YOU ONLY TALK ABOUT THE DAMN COFFEE' he tries to look sad, but then bursts into laughing while I choke on my coffee.
'I have a gift for you though, but you'll have to wait until tonight' he gives a heartwarming smile and goes outside. 'Oh Kuroo, you should get dressed, we have to leave in an hour.'
'Okay, I'll be back in a sec' I yell, already walking to my bedroom.

After driving for two hours, we finally arrive at Hayato Yuta's mansion. A lot of people are running off and on.
'Guess it's time bro.' I look at Bokuto. He grins.
'Do you have our masks?' He asks while we step out of the car.
'Of course, they're on the backseat in the same bag as your knifes.'
We get all our gear out the car and settle behind the same bush as we did when we spectated the mansion.
Setting up all our things, I take a quick look at Bokuto, who's checking his knifes. The top really does compliment his muscled stomach and chest. I start to focus on taping my hands. I put my spiked combat gloves on, ready to get in action.
'Bro are you-' I get silenced by Bokuto putting my mask on my face.
I take it off and let it hang around my neck 'Bro you surprised me!' I give a little grin.
'I'm sorry bro, but I don't want you to forget your mask.' He looks concerned.
'Bokuto, what's wrong? You look like there's something' I put my hand on his arm to give some warmth.
'I... I just want you to have an amazing birthday. It's your 25th birthday damnit!' I can't stand his little pout. I give him a quick hug and cups his head.
'It's fine okay? And besides, I can still spend my birthday with the best guy I ever met, so I'm happy.' I give a warming smile, hoping to make him feel better.
His pout disappears and he starts to focus again.
He sighs 'okay lets do this! Sooner we can officially celebrate your birthday!' He grins.

We wait for a bit longer before we go to our starting point, at the back at the kitchen.
Bokuto gives me one more beautiful smile before he puts his mask on and starts to sneak to the front. I look one more time to his beautiful features, before I put my mask on and turn around to start my part of the mission. Time to remove a soul from this planet.