Chapter One

I decided to redo the story, so FORGET anything and everything you knew about this story and the characters. Please&Thanks💞
— Author

Jadah.

I looked up at the house from the car window and sighed. I'm thankful my grandma took me in, but she isn't my favorite person to be around. She's a very religious person and thinks everyone is below her.

Before she agreed to let me live with her, I lived in a group home for troubled and orphan kids. My mother was a drug addict and died from an overdose and my father .. well I never knew him. Once they rushed my mom to the hospital and pronounced her dead, a social worker approached me and I ran. I didn't want to be forced to live in a house with depressed kids.

I was on the run for a couple weeks until someone found me sleeping in an alley way and called the cops. They locked me up and then sent me on my way to the group home.

I lived in that house for about 6 months before someone finally got in contact with my family members and my grandma was the only one who responded. That wasn't a shocker because my mother's family couldn't stand to be around my mother or me. She was a thief, a slut, a liar, and they thought I was the same. They never even got to know the real me.

"Child, if you don't get out of that car and get your things. " my grandma fussed at me. I got out the car and started grabbing my suitcases from the trunk.

I looked around the neighborhood and noticed the beaten and worn down homes. I heard laughter as kids ran around and played tag and other games I used to play when I was younger.

I walked up to the door and looked around some more as my grandma struggled to find the right key.

I looked over to my right, past the bush, and saw a groups of guys. They looked around my age, maybe a year or two older. I caught their attention by staring and they turned to me. I could see more of what they were doing. They were selling drugs in little small packs.

The leader of the group looked to be the smallest one. He was skinny, didn't have a shirt on, and honestly he looked 12.

"Quit your staring before they come over here. " my grandma said in a hushed tone, like they could hear us, with her back turned toward me.

I turned to her and brushed her off and went back to looking at them. They continued their business, but the 12 year old leader kept his eyes on me.

I was zoned out into his gaze when I felt someone jerk the life out my me. My grandma jerked me into the house and almost gave me a heart attack. I breathed deeply to try and catch my breathe.

"You are so hard headed. I said quit staring. You stay away from those boys, you hear me?" She fussed. I rolled my eyes, forgetting she was looking at me, and got a hard smack to the back of my head. I tried to scratch the pain away and scrunched up my face. I always wondered why I scratch the pain like it's an itch.

"I said do you hear me? " she repeated. "Yeah grandma dang. "

"Good. Now go shower and get settled. Dinner will be ready in a hour. I'm having the family over tomorrow for a family dinner. " I walked upstairs and headed to the guest room, my new room.

I haven't seen my family in 7 years. I don't even remember what they look like. The last time I saw them was when I was 10. We were having a family reunion to get together because we were all so distance and doing our own things. My grandfather had recently passed away when someone thought of the family reunion idea. We rented out a park and got everything set up.

I rode with my aunt that day, so I didn't know where my mother was or what she was doing. The party was going good and I was having a great time with my family until my mother showed up half dressed, drunk, high, and with some dude. I could tell the guy was a drug dealer by the way he dressed and what kind of car he drove. I may of been 10, but I wasn't stupid.

My grandma and my mother got into a huge argument and my mother started throwing things and yelling at everyone. She snatched me up and we got into that man's car and left.

I sat my suitcases down and jumped on the bed. I was expecting my body to sink down into the soft mattress, instead I bounced back up at how hard it was.

I turned on my back and closed my eyes. I was in deep thought. I tend to zone out a lot, apparently I have a problem with staying on task and focusing.

"I don't here showering up there!" I got off the bed and headed to the bathroom to shower. This is going to be a long night.

-

Boring right? It'll get better once the chapters continue, don't worry.
— Author