Chapter Three.

Jadah

Selena thought of the idea to go out to this kickback or whatever, so I could become known to the town. Of course I was down with the idea, I haven't had real fun in years.

She was showering while I was changing. I put on a supreme gray cop top and a skirt to match. I was not finna wear heals to a kickback, so I put on some slippers.

I was done getting ready, so I laid down on my bed and put my head down. I'm tired, but I won't turn down a night to have fun.

"Get up bitch

"Get up bitch. " Selena said as she smacked my butt. I rolled over and rubbed my eyes. I ended up falling asleep.

I made sure I still looked good and followed her, quietly, down the stairs.

"Fuck. " she whisper yelled as she looked at her phone. "What? " I turned to her. "Our ride just cancelled. " I stayed quiet as I thought of an idea. I looked around and saw my grandma's car keys on the table and smiled.

I have been joy riding multiple times. It's not even joy riding, because I go the speed limit. One of my mom's boyfriends' called the cops on me and said I stole his car and went for a joy ride, when I'm reality he told me to go to the store. After he did that I kept taking his car out for fun, just to fuck with him.

I grabbed the keys. "I'll drive. " we both shared a smile and walked out the door.

I pulled up to the side of the curb and turned off the car. After getting lost, going to the wrong house, and almost running out of gas, we finally made it to the house.

The music wasn't really loud, but I could hear the hum of the beat.

I followed Selena up to the door and she knocked on it. A boy opened the door and rolled his eyes. "The party is down there. " he pointed to a door in the back and then slammed the door.

I rolled my eyes and followed Selena to the back. She was about to knock, but I beat her to it. I was starting to her cold out here and these people needed to hurry up.

"Wuddup wuddup. Hey Se. " a guy greeted my
cousin as he licked his lips and looked her up and down.

He turned toward me. "Who's ya friend? "

"E, this is my cousin .. Jadah. She's cool peoples. " she told him. He smiled at me and I just eyed him.

"You know Nahmir doesn't like strangers in his house. " he told her, but kept looking at me.

"Aw come onnnnnn. " she dragged out.

He didn't say anything. He looked like he was thinking and then he nodded. "But you gotta do something for me. " he said to her as we walked in. After that I tuned out their conversation, I did not want to here any details.

"Follow me ladies. " he walked into another room and that's when I seen people. I noticed the boy from when I first moved here. The 12 year old. There was girls too, they looked ghetto and they were loud as I don't know what. Laughing like their life depended on it.