eighteen.

~ continuation of previous chapter ~

jack drove cautiously, looking at all his surrounds constantly.

he drove slower than most people but suprisingly stayed in the lanes and caused no suspection with anyone around.

at one point he did hit a curve and caused both of them to bounce, but overall driving came to jack naturally.

they arrived to the ER room 15 minutes after finn had ran into the house.

"come on wrap your arm around me again" jack said as he pulled finn upright in the backseat and began taking him into the facility.

"ow-ow-ow-ow-ow" finn continuously said with every step.

"finn if you don't shut up im going to kick you in the same spot it hurts" jack said truly annoyed at the boy he had yet to make up with.

"sorry it hurts" finn said being oblivious to the serious tone in jack's voice.

they both walk inside and doctors of all sorts rush to him quickly and lay him gently on a stretcher, jack watched as finn was being rolled away, it was the most dramatic thing he'd seen knowing that finn was gonna be fine.

about an hour and a half later jack was called into the room.

finn was in a bed with a cast around his leg and finn layed there on the bed as if he was dying, jack wanted to laugh but he remembered, this boy hurt him so much.

he walked over to the chairs next to the hospital bed and sat down.

"you okay?" jack asked looking up st finn sipping apple juice while watching tv.

"yeah, they bandaged me up they also said it would take a while to heal" finn said not even looking at jack as he spoke.

"do you need a ride home?" jack said plainly, harsh, and cold.

"sorta" finn said looking over at jack.

"what do you mean? sorta?" jack responded and now it was his turn to not look at finn.

"i can get a ride home, but i'd rather have you take me" finn said looking back at the tv.

"finn listen we need to tal-" jack was interrupted by a young brunette girl running into the room along with 2 parents that looked like they could be finn's since they had curly hair like his.

"finn- holy shit are you ok?" the unknown named girl asked.

jack looked at her with disgust.

"yeah i'm fine, rosa" finn said not making eye contact either.

and in one swift movement rosa presses their lips together not even acknowledging jack's presence.

"aw" said both his parents in sync, not even asking if finn was okay.

jack stood from his chair but was stopped by finn's words.

"jack what're you doing?" finn said looking into jack's eyes.

you could see the wave of tears in both eyes.

"i'm leaving, looks like you found you're ride." jack said turning around and walking out of the hospital ignoring the rest of finn's words.

he drove home that night and went to bed immidietly.

he was mentally exhausted, he hated finn but he knew deep down he loved him, regardless of how toxic finn was jack had grown a soft spot for the curly headed boy.

finn ignored rosa everytime she spoke.

the only thing in his mind was one person, jack.

he finally realized, he needed jack.